Powered by Blogger

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Upcoming holiday notification and general matters

Happy Thanksgiving to all my overseas friends!


Next week we’re off for our big annual holiday back home. I am very excited, as well as trepidacious, because we’re flying and in my experience there are only two types of behaviour that kids can demonstrate whilst flying: pure angel or pure demon. (At least I’ll probably be able to prise a post out of the adventure alone!)

Where does that leave Miscellaneous Mum? Exactly as before, hopefully. I’m still planning on maintaining my ‘post a day’ quota (for my own sanity if nothing else)–– that’s if my parent’s existing PC technology can handle my demands. You see, my mother’s old computer rattles like an overheating boiler when you ask it to do anything more difficult than open ‘solitaire’ to play. She does have a laptop, which I’ll rely on, but even then I’ll be gnashing my teeth together at her dial-up speed, and probably be wishing I’d bought some sort of satellite connection to keep up with my broadband-lifestyle.

At the moment I’m working on a little post series, which I’ll be posting intermittently, about the little patch on earth I call home, because even though I rag on it from time to time (and Adam forever is) it is a lovely looking place.

Here’s a picture to whet your appetites!



This is back-beach, so called because it spans the distance between the back of South West Rocks and Hat Head, the next beachside town (what an imaginatve name). It's not a swimmer safe beach- it's not patrolled- but it is popular with surfers. South West Rocks is a half hour from Kempsey, so it's not technically my hometown, but I'm willing to claim it so!

Comments on "Upcoming holiday notification and general matters"

 

Blogger D. Paul said ... (9:58 am) : 

I'm new to your blog, but I just wanted to say that your thoughts always put a smile on my face (where appropriate, given the content, of course). Also, I wanted to wish you a good time during the big holiday with the family. And I'm more than a bit envious of your little patch of earth. I have never-ending stretches of macadam and traffic patterns around mine.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:09 am) : 

Remember to watch for Bats if you visit SWR. *grin*

 

Blogger Tracey said ... (10:10 am) : 

Instant chrissy present idea! Get your folks on broadband. ;)

Now how envious will people be if I say I have almost that view about 200m from my house?!! The kids don't realise what they've got. Look at us a bit weird when we say that growing up in Sydney, a trip (to a very crowded beach) was an hour each way.... and back then no airconditioned car either.

And how crazy will folks think we are when I say that for christmas this year we are leaving all this and going inland. :(

 

Blogger Tracey said ... (10:11 am) : 

PS. E.... I think it's time K met Bats, don't you! No excuses this time!!

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (11:03 am) : 

d.paul - thanks for the encouragement! :)

E & T - wow, Bats, never even thought... *blush* As for broadband, they_say_ they're not eligible b/c its rural (but I don't think they've investigated it thoroughly). I've told dad I think it's a CRIME he doesn't have it because he works for Telstra and surely he can figure something out!

 

Blogger Tracey said ... (3:33 pm) : 

Stick their phone no. into the search thingie at www.broadbandchoice.com.au

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (3:43 pm) : 

ah ha! they can get it! But can they get it by the time I get home?? ;)

 

post a comment