Powered by Blogger

Friday, November 17, 2006

'Things I don't understand' Friday


Here’s another example of how the world is making less and less sense. Who felt the need to create this? More importantly why? And for what possible purpose does it serve, other than to drive up sales? Aren’t the only people who are in the market for inverted anything are your run-of-the-mill devil worshippers? I’m sure even they’d draw the line here because, let’s be honest, it’s a really tacky idea.

Another thought: if there are devil worshippers who practice Christmas, then isn’t that a case of exercising a supreme double standard?

My issues with the tree:

1) I’d be constantly worried about it tipping over.
2) Won’t the star become lost at the top? You could hardly see it, especially if you’re short or a kid. And if you’re a kid, that’s arguably the best bit of the tree––arguing over who puts it up there.
3) It just looks stupid.

Does anyone actually like it? Can anyone conjure up any positive attributes, because I hate being negative and am happy to hear the case for the defence before pronouncing sentence.

There’s a challenge!

Comments on "'Things I don't understand' Friday"

 

Blogger Tracey said ... (11:37 am) : 

Thank god I wasn't drinking something then, I would have snorted it all over the keyboard.

That's priceless. No of course I wouldn't buy one, but there's some peverse part of me that juyst might be tempted, just BECAUSE. It would be a statement about me and my Christmas rebellion.

Only problem is, I agree, it just looks stupid.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:20 pm) : 

I agree with all 3 of your issues and would like to add a fourth: How would you put the lights on without them all falling off?
Is that a Kmart catalogue that you got taht from? Haven't spotted that chestnut of an item in NSW yet...

 

Blogger Tracey said ... (3:07 pm) : 

I have just thought of the one positive! Room on the floor! I usually dread putting our tree up because it takes up so much space. Usually at the one time of the year when you might have more people visiting your house than normal.

It's growing on me. *winks*

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (3:21 pm) : 

shelly: yes, it's Kmart. I _hope_ its not just a VIC thing. We're not_that_wierd ;) And the lights! Yes, what a point

Tracey: I thought of that myself, but then that'd just be _worse_ for tall people like Adam, who'd then be constantly be walking into thick shrub!

 

Blogger Tracey said ... (10:11 pm) : 

As oppposed to the short people (ie. kidlets) who are constantly walking into the shrubbery!!

More room for tall presents too!

While I'm back here commenting yet again, the hanging of the lights issue - what difference would it make? The branches just stick out the same as they would if it was normal.

Still laughing at it. Looking at it it makes me feel like you should be dancing on the ceiling. (*cue song*..)

 

Blogger Mama Duck said ... (12:59 am) : 

Ha ha ha ha ha!!

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (11:51 am) : 

I'm still laughing/shaking my head too

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:50 pm) : 

*boggles* Now that's just plain stupid. It's not April 1st is it?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:25 pm) : 

There are reasons why I try to never go out shopping in the weeks preceding Christmas. This would be one of them. That tree is really stupid.

 

post a comment