Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

When lullabies turn bad

Keira has an unusual technique when it comes to singing nursery rhymes to Riley.

This involves getting right into his face, I mean centimetres away, and shouting at the top of her lungs: "Baa Baa Black Sheep....etc.etc".

Depending on his mood, Riley will react in one of two ways:

1) If he's feeling 'punchy', he'll bat Keira away with his hands in a "piss off, why doncha?" way.

2) If he's feeling 'vulnerable', his face will usually drop, the lip will quiver, and he'll look to me for help.

I don't blame him either. When Keira gets loud she can be quite frightening.

For an adult equivalent, I can only think of this:

"Hello, Clarice. Would you like me to sing you a song about lambs? I know how much you love those woolly, playful....lambies."

Oh, yeah. Scary stuff.

Comments on "When lullabies turn bad"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:47 am) : 

LOVE that movie!! Happy WW!

 

Blogger Alison said ... (7:51 am) : 

Eeek!

 

Blogger Shaz said ... (8:00 am) : 

Excellent post but poor Riley x x

 

Blogger jams o donnell said ... (8:05 am) : 

Scary!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:09 am) : 

:-O [runs to hide]

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:59 am) : 

ah, yes- what a sense of deja vu I am having...I can completely understand Riley's sense of fear...

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (9:09 am) : 

You tryin' to say something, eh, shelly????

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:40 am) : 

One of my fave films!

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (9:54 am) : 

Yikes. I remember this movie. It scared me half to death. Happy WW. ♥

 

Blogger Cinnamon Girl said ... (10:17 am) : 

He was so good in that role!

 

Blogger Katya said ... (12:58 pm) : 

Yikes! Quite the visual!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:21 pm) : 

Yikes! Scary!

 

Blogger Holly Schwendiman said ... (1:41 pm) : 

Creepy!!!

Hugs,
Holly

 

Blogger The Minute Man: Colin Chang said ... (3:29 pm) : 

Eeek! Creepy!

 

Blogger meh said ... (4:13 pm) : 

RUNAWAAAAYYYY!! Scary guy!

 

Blogger Denise Patrick said ... (1:46 am) : 

I would NOT like to have someone get in my face like that, even if they were trying to be nice!

Happy WW!

 

Blogger Melanie said ... (3:32 am) : 

That would be pretty scary!

 

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said ... (5:32 am) : 

Dr Lector is always scary!

 

post a comment