Powered by Blogger

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Thirteen Things that have been going on around here and the world this week

  1. Oscars hypocrisy. First, granted, Al Gore deserved to win. But it sickens me to see all these people congratulating themselves for a "eco-friendly" Oscars broadcast when the rich people in the audience are dripped in diamonds and general gaudiness, when half of the money they put into their appearance could be put to better use. Sure, most of what they wear is borrowed but still....
  2. My hypocrisy. Above rant noted, I am still one of the millions who plonk themselves down to watch all the pretty dresses. This year? No real stand outs, although Helen Mirren looked simply lovely. Gwyneth Paltrow looked like she'd borrowed Gary Oldman's muscle-toned flesh armour from Bram Stoker's Dracula, though.
  3. Autumn - It's Autumn! Cooler weather. Yay! I can't believe its March already.
  4. Autumn = possum mating season. Uughhh. Not looking forward to the randy march of male possums across my roof...all night long.
  5. Christening Talk. We had a meeting with our local church to discuss Riley's impending Christening.
  6. Teeth. I have become obsessed with my teeth. They ache. Do I have holes needing filling again??! Am I deficient in vitamins?
  7. Walking. Riley's walking cannot be stopped! He is a little dynamo. It is so cute to hear Keira shriek, "RILEY"S WALKING!"
  8. Pimples. I have discovered a tiny pimple or two on my face. This annoys me. This could be a signal my oestrogen levels are coming back up. Which may mean my periods may return soon. Boo.
  9. Smells. There is an unidentifiable smell coming somewhere from the kitchen. This both annoys and terrifies me. I feel like Indiana Jones in the Temple of Doom at the prospect of prising my fingers into mysterious holes to find the source.
  10. Shade. Our roof on our deck is complete and we're loving it.
  11. Writing. I've begun finally writing the children's book I've had the idea for for over a year now. I've also had another pitch accepted by a HUGE A-List blogging site, which I'm now terrified about. What was I thinking?!
  12. Publication. I'm still waiting on the editor of a magazine on my latest article's submission. Fingers crossed.
  13. Paying It Forward. Our mother's dinner is coming up! I'm excited.

I'm posting this on the off chance TT will be operational today


Comments on "Thirteen Things that have been going on around here and the world this week"

 

Blogger WendyWings said ... (11:37 am) : 

Good luck on the article. I just had one published ABOUT me but not by me last week in a womans mag LOL
Happy Thursday to the early birds from down under.

 

Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried said ... (12:23 pm) : 

Congrats on the writing successes -- and a son who's walking. Wonderful! They are so much more fun once they are mobile.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:47 pm) : 

'Randy Opossum March.' If I were a musician in a band, that would be my band's name. Love it!

 

Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said ... (12:58 pm) : 

I don't watch the Oscar awards so I guess I'm lucky about the hypocrisy.
My T13 is up too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:23 pm) : 

Good luck with your children's book.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:49 pm) : 

I dunno about Al Gore deserving to win... heard something interesting that he uses more energy in a month than like 10 families... or some figure like that, can't remember exactly. Then he claims but the energy comes from a green company....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:52 pm) : 

Sounds like you've had a lot going on! Best wishes with the publication. Sounds very exciting :)

 

Blogger EHT said ... (2:02 pm) : 

I enjoyed reading your list. I would find it hard to think about March being Fall, however. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:38 pm) : 

Wow you have a full week. Hoping it is nothing that needs a visit to the dentist. My hubby has to have a tooth pulled. Ouch!

 

Blogger John Holland said ... (4:40 pm) : 

Good luck with the writing. My 13 is up and about writing. I have a sore tooth now too, and do not want to go to the dentist.

 

Blogger Gattina said ... (4:52 pm) : 

I first thought there was something in my coffee, when I read "automn" approaches, lol ! then I realized that you are living in Australia ! Here spring is approaching (Belgium) and I am more than happy about it !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:30 pm) : 

Spring is my favorite time of year and I'm really looking forward to it. Good luck with your writing endeavors!

 

Blogger Sparky Duck said ... (2:53 am) : 

good luck with the submission!

I fully agree with Gwyneth, she looked, well awful.

What you werent inspired by the Oscars Go Green?? :)

 

Blogger Mama Duck said ... (3:10 am) : 

Wowie, busy indeed!! Happy TT and thank you for visiting ours as well!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:01 am) : 

Don't even get me started on teeth... sigh

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:47 am) : 

YAY for #7! Isn't it fantastic when they learn to walk?!
You've been busy this week too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:48 am) : 

The Oscars were particularly entertaining this year. We had an unidentifiable smell a few weeks ago. We never did find it! Good luck with the writing!

Happy TT!

 

Blogger The Gatekeeper said ... (2:43 pm) : 

How's life down under? I miss it terribly. My aunt and cousin might be coming to California to visit. I miss chico rolls. Do they still have chico rolls? Oh, and btw, don't be afraid of the A List.

 

post a comment