Powered by Blogger

Monday, March 19, 2007

Thirty years old going on.....eighty

It's a Sunday afternoon. Both the kids are in bed, asleep at the same time, meaning mum and dad have a few hours of blessed peace. So what do mum and dad do? Head for bed themselves....for a nap. It's a blessed luxury, when you can get it.

Except when we're hopping into bed, Adam starts to unbuckle the belt on his jeans.

"Whoa, whoa!" I said. "That was NOT on the agenda for today. Nap ONLY."
"I am," said Adam, stripping from the waist down. "I'm just changing into my napping pants."
"Napping pants?!?!"
"Jeans are too scratchy. I have to be comfortable."
So he pulls on his boxer shorts and dives under the covers, asleep within minutes.

This is the man who introduced me to the pleasures of a knee pillow when you're sleeping. You know, a knee pillow? So your poor delicate knees don't accidentally rub together whilst asleep, causing dangerous abrasions and possible ingrown hairs. You should give it a try.

Happy Thirtieth Birthday, my love. At least I know what you'll be like when you're eighty. Cantankerous to a fault, but dammit you know how to sleep.

Comments on "Thirty years old going on.....eighty"

 

Blogger jeanie said ... (3:47 pm) : 

Happy Birthday, MiscMum's hubby!!! Exactly the same age as my sister-in-law - how wierd is that.

I can understand the need to shed jeans for a nap.

 

Blogger Scribbit said ... (5:17 pm) : 

Make sure he gets enough fiber, that's all I can say :)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:31 am) : 

Napping Pants, and Eatin' Pants are staples in my household.

I watched Inconvenient Truth last week too. SObering, but also hopefuly (kind of).

And yes--I *did* mean you on the tag! I have your addressed fixed now:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:21 pm) : 

GOD - that's great! I feel like I have a black belt in Private-parts-guardization-from-horny-husbandism most of my days.

Jamie

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (3:54 pm) : 

gingajoy - oh, yes, I understand eatin' pants. LOL

jamie - that's how I feel exactly at times!

Hubbie reads this regularly and feels he was slightly misdone-by my characterisation. Only by the word cantankerous, mind.

 

post a comment