Powered by Blogger

Thursday, May 17, 2007

7 Things About Me; the teenage years

Scribbit tagged me to do this meme last week, so I am going to be extra tricky and combine memes now, plus do a little extra at the bottom, and we'll be all square.

7 Things About Me; the teenage years

1) England/Canada
When I was 15, I saved up all my pay from McDonalds to go overseas. My parents put up the other half because, frankly, they never thought I'd ever save as much as I did, and I guess they were kind of proud of me. I went with my grandmother. As she still says, if it wasn't for me, she'd still be roaming a Thailand airport, lost. It wasn't the first time I went to England, but it was the first time I went to Canada -Parksville, Vancouver Island, to be exact.

2) Bullying
Yep, for the first few years of my high-school life. It was miserable. I despise bullies now.

3) Discovered my passion
I didn't know how, or why, but I knew I wanted 'something' to do with the written word for the rest of my life. First, I was going to go to AFTRS, but I couldn't get in until after 21, so I went to university to do communications. Until I changed my mind again.

4) Met Adam
Ah yes, the most important part of the list (so says him). I'll have known him ten years come the end of the month.

5) There is a pain worse than childbirth
And that pain is a burst Ovarian Cyst. I was 17. It was agony.

6) Dicky Driver's Test
In Australia, there is your "L" component you're eligible to take once you turn 16. It is strictly a written/academic exam, taken off a computer, with multiple choice answers. It's not that hard: still, it took me five (yes, FIVE) times to pass it. My father was truly ashamed. As was I.
Mind, when I went for my "P"'s (a practical exam where you drive and put the general population as risk) a year later, I passed first time, easy.

7)I can't think of anything else! (anything else that's not too depressing, anyway!) My family who knows me can 'fill in the blanks' in the comments section if they want.

I'm supposed to 'tag' people to do this. I don't know who to tag! So please, take the initiative, and do it yourself. Tell me too, so I can come visit!

And to fill in the rest of the '13', here's six things I need to over the weekend:

1) Do that article draft for magazine

2) Clean bathrooms (yuk)

3) Make dinners for week ahead and freeze

4) Do drafts (if possible) or mind map for two more article ideas I have

5) Think about BlogRhet and what part I'll play in it

6) Decide whether I'll go to Problogger's meetup in the city next week. I'd love to, but I am a wus and hate leaving the kids!!

Comments on "7 Things About Me; the teenage years"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:33 am) : 

Uh oh! I just tagged you for a meme, too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:49 am) : 

7 things about me as a teenager:
(1) Horrible acne problems which my sister teased me about and broke my heart;
(2) Ditto with bad hair choices. Fringes and curly hair together a no-no.
(3) No luck with the boys- ever- until I was 25;
(4) No bullying problems at school. A miracle considering the first 3 points
(5) No wild parties. Weekends were spent with my best friend the VCR
(6) Considering all the points above I was a pretty boring teenager but at least that means
(7) I have turned into a pretty well-adjusted adult. I hope.

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (8:58 am) : 

Aw shelly....I remember the hair. Not the acne. I'm sorry :(

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:36 am) : 

Teenage years are never wonderful! I have to clean the bathroom too...OH WHAT FUN! :) Have a great week!

 

Blogger Tink said ... (9:47 am) : 

Smart move to use TT for the memes! Interesting things and nice to get to know you a bit more.
My TT lists 13 favourite detectives (books).

 

Blogger pussreboots said ... (11:50 am) : 

Fun list.

 

Blogger Maddy said ... (12:26 pm) : 

What do you do at a 'problogger's' meet up?
Cheers

 

Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried said ... (12:26 pm) : 

Ooh, I just had my third ovarian cyst burst last week -- last Thursday, in fact! Man, it sucked. You're lucky you've only had the one.

Happy TT!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:26 pm) : 

The ovarian cyst sounds very painful. What an experience as a teenager.

You should be proud of yourself for saving that money. That's such an excellent lesson on budgeting and saving that many kids don't learn. And I bet that trip with only you and your grandma has a special place in your memories.

Btw, what kind of articles do you write?

Happy TT.

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (1:03 pm) : 

mcewan - I have no idea! It'd be my first one. All things blogging, I'd say. Networking. Schmoozing.

gabriella - health articles, relating to early child care + breastfeeding. I've done other stuff too

 

Blogger L^2 said ... (1:10 pm) : 

Ugggh... I need to clean the bathrooms this weekend too.
And My TT also flashes back to my early teen years. :-)

 

Blogger Wylie Kinson said ... (2:07 pm) : 

I had my very own bully in elementary school. It went on for YEARS. He was a right little bugger.
He died of MS a number of years ago and I felt horrible for not caring.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:33 pm) : 

I've been tagged with that meme twice in the last week! I don't mind the getting tagged part, it's the finding other people who haven't already been tagged that's hard. lol

Great list, ouch on #5 I can't even imagine.

 

Blogger Scribbit said ... (4:05 pm) : 

Good job--who knew McDonald's was so lucrative. I can see why they'd be proud that you worked so hard.

And ow about the cyst.

 

Blogger meh said ... (7:34 pm) : 

Thanks for sharing your memories! And enjoy your chores this week end! :)

 

Blogger Miss Frou Frou said ... (9:07 pm) : 

Great list. I failed my driving test twice! I could drive, just couldn't park the car... knocked the poles right over the first time..sigh

 

Blogger kuanyin333 said ... (10:49 pm) : 

It's fun getting to know more about you! Happy TT!

 

Blogger Lori said ... (12:00 am) : 

We got 2 for the price of one:) Thanks for sharing.

 

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said ... (4:09 am) : 

Well done on saving that money. It opened the world to you.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:00 am) : 

Please come to the meet-up. Would like to meet.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:16 am) : 

I mind map too --- and, I too, am a wus when it comes to leaving the kids.

 

post a comment