Powered by Blogger

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Bring out your dead!

After Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans and devastated the city, rescue workers would mark abandonded houses with a giant red mark (a cross, I think) to show that there were dead bodies inside. I'm sure the same has been done in other disasters too. I feel like we need to do the same; not that any of us are dead but as some sort of warning to keep away. We're all sick today. Even Adam and I took to our bed when the kids, mercifully, slept at the same time.

I woke up feeling ok, it just went downhill.

This week has seen the death of two aussie icons. If nothing else, if you weren't into what they did (the rev heads of my family will be sad for Peter Brock; personally, I'm very sorry for Steve Irwin's passing) then you probably appreciate jut how fleeting life can be. That accidents happen.

So I, for one, am going to take care of myself today.

Comments on "Bring out your dead!"

 

post a comment