Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

My world is full of blighted goals and promises

Well, I'm going to chock in a few posts today, in case I don't get a chance to over the next few days, while I wrestle with mum's technology.

I mentioned my sister is staying this week, and accompanying us part-way on our leg home on the planes. During her stay, I was going to get on the treadmill (as if an extra twenty minutes is going to make any difference to how I fit into my swimmers this late in the game!), write up draft posts for emergencies and all other kinds of trivials. I've done NOTHING. I've been too tired.

To make matters worse, its cool and rainy here today, so I'm going to have to think of a way to keep the kids entertained while I try to get everything in order. Wish me luck!

Comments on "My world is full of blighted goals and promises"

 

Blogger Tracey said ... (11:59 am) : 

Can I have your 'cool and rainy' please. It's 34 degrees here. I don't want to go outside.

 

Blogger Tracey said ... (2:19 pm) : 

Make that 39.3 degrees. (I'm having a whinge.. on your blog!)

At least I am not trying to pack.

 

Blogger wysiwyg said ... (3:26 pm) : 

Hi Karen!

I got here completely by accident.

I was Googling "Huntsman Spider" to try and find a photo I had previously seen of a Huntsman completely dwarfing a toilet roll, to post on my own blog in conjunction with a story about a chance encounter with one at lunchtime today.

Did you know that your blog comes up at the bottom of page 3 in the Google search results?!? Do you do battle with them constantly, or what?

;oP

P.S. Like your blog....

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (3:30 pm) : 

T - you're just trying to scare me because you know I'm flying up your way tomorrow, aren't you?? :p

wysiwyg - (what a name!) I rank highly on google sometimes, which I'm glad, that means people like you stumble by occasionally! Glad you like!

 

Blogger wysiwyg said ... (5:02 pm) : 

I finally found the photo - it and the story are here if you're interested.

Huntsmen routinely grow that big here in Canberra - must be something in the water. My advice: go looking for the body of the Huntsman you sprayed, you can never be too sure in my book, and you do not want them getting this big.

By the way, the name (pronounced "wizzy-wig") is a technology acronym standing for "What you see is what you get". The implication that invisibility equalls a low return on investment also pleased me at the time I chose the name (I'm actually a dog don't you know), and has sort of stuck.

 

post a comment