Powered by Blogger

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Lessons in sensual-manipulation etiquette

Yesterday, I was booked in for a massage and facial. I’ve had this voucher since last birthday, which was almost a year ago*. As the appointment time came closer, I realized I was wearing a g-string.

So?

Good question. I started to wonder, ‘Does the masseuse want to see a bit of butt floss?
I answered myself, ‘She’ll probably ask you to get nude anyway.’
‘What if she doesn’t? If I leave it on, isn’t that …you know, icky?’

You see, I’m having this internal conversation with myself. This is a good day. On my anxious days, it’s on a deeper, noxious, level.

‘Honey, she’s seen it all before, all shapes and sizes.’
‘But not my ass.’
‘So go change your bloody knickers then!’
‘No screw it. Because if I were being paid seventy dollars an hour, I’d be prepared to look over the odd unsightly body part, and on a scale of the Worst Things I’ll Ever See In My Life, my ass, I’m sure, only ranks somewhere slightly above the middle and I can live with that.’
‘Well, touché’.


So down I went, g-string clad, and it was pure heaven. Exhibitionism-1 Modesty-0. And I couldn't've cared less!


*Hint, hint.

Comments on "Lessons in sensual-manipulation etiquette"

 

Blogger Tracey said ... (10:27 am) : 

I am beginning to think that every woman in the world, bar me, wears a g-string; so you'd definitely not be the first or the last.

Seems to me that I am more strange by not having any g-strings!!

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (10:55 am) : 

Doesn't matter T - last I heard, g-strings were 'out' and normal ones (seam free, though) were 'in'

 

Blogger shishyboo said ... (10:59 pm) : 

your therapist should keep you appropriately draped with towels or blankets so none of your "bits" are showing at any time. the important thing is that YOU enjoyed your massage!

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (9:17 am) : 

Oh, she was completely professional shishyboo, don't get me wrong. It's just my anxiety-paranoia that tells me differently, sometimes!!

 

post a comment