Powered by Blogger

Friday, March 02, 2007

Random Thoughts

  • I sneezed yesterday. Big Time. It felt great. Which prompted the thought: "Gee when was the last time I actually remember sneezing?" It's been a while. Obviously, the weather is starting to turn.
  • As you can see from my above point, my thought meter is almost expired for the week. TGIF (Thank God It's Friday).
  • I taped the Oscars at the beginning of the week. I haven't even watched 1/3 of it yet. Shows how my life has evolved. In the 'olden days' I would've had that baby watched, dissected, analysed and my own speech refined (again) for that point in the future when I would myself be stepping onto that stage to accept the Best Original Screenplay award. And hopefully snog ('kiss') Clive Owen on my way up. Just because....well...that would be cool.
  • Clive Owen would then fall in love with me (in this fantasy neither of us would be married, naturally) and then I would have the lamentable problem of juggling a writing career AND being the partner of someone famous. I would feel like Arthur Miller. So, it probably wouldn't work, sorry Clive.
  • You can see how much time I've devoted to this daydream already. And I have kids standing beside me with their Oliver Twist looks on their faces, "Mum, can we please be fed?". No, go away children. Mummy's having fun.
  • Oh, boo. They're not moving. OK, OK, I'm off.

Comments on "Random Thoughts"

 

Blogger Kimberly Vanderhorst said ... (7:59 am) : 

You so need to post your random thoughts more often - I laughed out loud...seriously. Not that LOL stuff where people write the letters just to say hey, you're kind of funny...but actual, genuine, laughter.

So glad I'm alone here.

 

Blogger Tracey said ... (8:59 am) : 

And here I am thinking "Who's Clive Owen?" I wonder which one of us needs to get out more?!!!

 

Blogger jeanie said ... (9:16 am) : 

I thought the same thing, Tracey!! lol I deliberately avoid all Oscar related drivel anyway - did listen to the Hottest 100 and I thought I was pretty up with it.

The bit that made me go "I gotta comment" today was your sneezing one - I am afraid I remember every sneeze these days, as it is a concerted effort at consciously making all the muscles pull in the right direction if you know what I mean.

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (9:21 am) : 

You don't know Clive Owen?!?!

Tsk tsk.

Google Him, for pity's sake!

 

Blogger Northern_Girl said ... (3:29 pm) : 

Yummy Clive...mmmm. Yummmmmmy.

 

Blogger Andi said ... (4:15 pm) : 

I know very little about what happened at the Oscars this year.

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (6:27 pm) : 

Kimberly- hey thanks :)
butterfly- I'm still only 3/4 and even I'm having trouble remembering from one min to the next

 

post a comment