Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Ten Things I Thought Would be Fun - But Then They Weren't

An idea from the great mind of Schmutzie

1) Buying wine from the dining car on the train to Sydney when I was 15 years old, heading down to a religious retreat. By Gosford, I was one sick girl. You think the messes made in public restrooms are from incontinent old, dirty men? No, sir.

2) Going down one of the mega-chute slides at Wet'n'Wild. Atomic wedgies and you're farting water for the next two hours. Disgusting, but true.

3) Drinking an almost entire bottle of Jim Beam in one evening. Sure, it was fun for part of the evening.

4) Eating an entire bottle of Golden Syrup at once.

5) Deciding I could ride a motorbike without a single lesson. I was wrong.

6) Riding too big a pushbike for me over BMX speedway-style jumps. Ouch

7) Deciding that a Citrus-only diet would be a surefire way of curing a hangover. I was mopping up pulp for a day in the bathroom.

8) Thinking I could saddle a horse on my own when little, when I didn't have the strength to do it properly. Lucky I (and the horse) weren't seriously harmed.

9) Going on that Avalanche simulator thing at Universal Studios (or was it Disneyland). I had to put my head between my knees from being ill.

10) Deciding I just HAD to eat lamb spare ribs when pregnant with Riley. I cooked them and were halfway through eating them when I realised they were still half raw. I have only recently been able to stomach the smell and taste of lamb again.

Comments on "Ten Things I Thought Would be Fun - But Then They Weren't"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:18 am) : 

Ha! I've been thinking of a post with a similar theme: "Things I feel I should like, but don't really..."

 

Blogger strauss said ... (11:21 am) : 

Oh Dear Me! There is a letter to self in all that on its own.
A bottle of Golden syrup - my goodness. ha ha ha. Can you eat that now? You are so funny.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:47 pm) : 

Substitute the words "Golden syrup" for "Tin of Powdered Milk" and you get one of the sillier things I did once- although it wasn't the whole tin. About 10 spoonfuls into it I knew it wasn't going to be fun...

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (3:52 pm) : 

strauss - "Dear Me' indeed, LOL.

Seems we've most of us indulged a little too much at times...

 

post a comment