Powered by Blogger

Monday, April 30, 2007

The power of a certain fried vegetable

Yesterday, for her special birthday treat, we took Keira to McDonald's for breakfast.

"What do you want to eat?" we asked as we got out of the car.

"Chips!" she said as we walked inside, and I choked back my indignation as I hoped no-one had also heard her request. Surely there's a line drawn on how early it is to be socially acceptable to order fries? It would not be 8.30am in the morning.

Then as we got into line, a father and son lined up behind us.

"What do you want to order?" asked the dad.

"Chips!" said the boy.

Is there nothing kids won't do or say to get the taste of potato, laden with trans-fats?

This post is dedicated to my best friend from high-school, who had her baby boy (she guessed it!) last night---not that chips have anything to do with babies...except when you're pregnant and you're craving them, like I did, with Keira....where am I going with this?!?! Congratulations, M.

Comments on "The power of a certain fried vegetable"

 

Blogger Tracey said ... (10:42 am) : 

Do they actually sell fries at Maccas at that hour? On the last day of the Big Ride, we arrived in Taree sometime around 9am after having ridden 30km in the rain. Ended up me with our three kids plus one other hanging in Maccas (trying to convince ourselves that we were warmer there in our wet gear than we would have been riding) while the two dads continued on to one car and to do a car shuffle (long story). My youngest two wanted a burger (and after just riding what they did, I would have bought them anything they wanted, fries included!) but they couldn't get one till 10.30!

 

Blogger Di said ... (1:51 pm) : 

Have you introduced her to hash browns? The breakfast equivalent of fries? We let my daughter's friend come on a weekend trip with us and the adoration of hash browns was one of the best things she took away from that weekend with her!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:53 pm) : 

Hi Kaz!

Here is the little treasure
Lachlan

And EWWWWW - Hash browns are totally not a fries substitute! I think fries should be available all day, mmmm sausage and egg mcmuffin with fries....

 

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said ... (4:29 am) : 

Chips with everything!

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (7:18 am) : 

B!!!

What are you doing surfing the net?! Get back to the hospital!!

He is gorgeous :) :)

You do realise you've shared him with the world? Hey - I don't blame ya

 

Blogger Bryce said ... (7:35 pm) : 

One of my best memories of when I used to stay over at my nans house as a kid was her cooking potato gems (little round shaped hash brown-y things, ahh the wonders of food sciences) for me in breakfast

 

post a comment