Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Further to the education debate from before...

First, read this

Now, read this. I knew I loved this woman for a reason. Her rather black and white perspective is quite refreshing!

What do you think?

Comments on "Further to the education debate from before..."

 

Blogger Maddy said ... (6:07 am) : 

thanks, that was an interesting read. This will be off topic. [so delete it as irrelevant] I spent my school days in Boarding school as my dad was in the Navy and they paid two thirds of the fees. It was private and privileged. I loathed it. I learned nothing and squandered the opportunity wallowing in my own self made misery.
I suspect that children learn best when they are happy, wherever that might be - there again, that's probably too simplistic too.
Cheers

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:54 am) : 

I drew a pie graph of that funding proportion on the white board at work.

 

Blogger Tracey said ... (2:43 pm) : 

Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!
I might just frame that article.
She says exactly how I feel about it. Only she has said it better than I ever could.

 

post a comment