Powered by Blogger

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Cranked right off with Thomas the Tank Engine right now

So most of Australia woke up this morning with hysteric warnings regarding ALL wooden Thomas the Tank Engine products, sold from Jan 2005 to now. They are to be recalled because they contain lead paint. I thought lead paint was outlawed in general. Suddenly I feel like I'm back in the Victorian Era and I should be coughing bloody phlegm into my lacy handkerchief, dying of consumption, or something.

Unlike other product recalls, usually relating to cheap Chinese knockoffs we don't buy, this applies to us directly.

As you can see.


You can't see it in this photo, but there are teeth marks on these items. So what does that mean? That my children have potentially ingested lead? That visitor's children have potentially done the same?

It's a concern.

Anyone else been affected?

Comments on "Cranked right off with Thomas the Tank Engine right now"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:13 pm) : 

I have, as I am the guilty party who unknowingly bought those evil evil toys. So very very sorry. Evil toys.
Hope the rest of the set is ok, though...

 

Blogger Kin said ... (7:01 pm) : 

Certainly leaves me shaking my head, the bright spark that let that one slip through.

Glad I'm not *quite* at the point of train sets yet, although I think I might be by Christmas.

 

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said ... (10:48 pm) : 

Thomas has been recalled because of lead paint. All the toys I had used to have lead paint, and they were all right.

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (8:25 am) : 

shelly - its not the entire set, just those in the photos, plus another caboose I can't locate ATM.

Kin - you'll be at that point before you know it, probably!

Jean-Luc - really?! Like what toys?

 

Blogger Kin said ... (9:41 pm) : 

Probably. Gosh, my two girls turn 3 and 4 this year. Where does the time go?

 

post a comment