Powered by Blogger

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Early shift short straw on daylight savings day

I remember working early shifts at McDonalds the day daylight savings begins. Being a teenager, you resent getting out of bed anyway; especially when you lose another hour on top of that. I kind of feel like that this morning because Riley was a ratbag last night and he wanted to get up early. Go figure.

Keira is two and a half today.

I was planning on writing something poignant. Instead, something's on my mind. She is a big comfort/crutch girl. She has a blankie and sucks her thumb. I can live with those - although it's getting harder as she's getting older - but this week's seen a new habit. Chewing her nails.

I am at fault. I am the worlds biggest nail chewer and she's probably watched me. Which is why a) I want to quash this right away and b) I don't want to dwell over it either. It might make it worse.

I'll monitor the situation. If anyone has any advice, let me know.

Comments on "Early shift short straw on daylight savings day"

 

post a comment