Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

To coin a famously bad, but unforgettable, catchphrase: “I’m Excited!”

Big Kev may no longer be with us, but his words still live on. The project I referred to the other day is my unfinished novel, and yesterday I printed it off, out of curiosity. I have 26,000 words down; I estimate, if I keep it that ‘wordy’ in it’s entirety, by the time it’s finished it will be 130,000+. That’s way too long for the novel I want it to be but too much is better than too little at the draft stage.

Anyway, I’ve been flicking through it and have come up with the usual results: some of it is dreadful; some of it is––pardon the arrogance––not too bad.

So, if I do not blog with my dogged regularity from now on, I hope you’ll forgive me.

Wow – it’s nice to feel enthusiastic about something. Oh––the kids. Yes! I haven’t forgotten about them. Yes, I’m always enthusiastic about them. Yes.

Yes.

Convinced?!

Well, don't be. Not this morning, at least. Because I have a very grumpy, teething baby and a daughter who's 5am risings are beginning to catch up with her (not to mention mum). The house, no matter how I try, is a mess. *deep breath*

Comments on "To coin a famously bad, but unforgettable, catchphrase: “I’m Excited!”"

 

Blogger Tracey said ... (9:08 am) : 

You're not allowed to get slack with your blog!!!! It's one of my first reads every day, and I'd miss it if it wasn't there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Blogger Lib1 said ... (10:45 am) : 

Don't be like me with a series of novels hanging fire for twenty-odd years. This latest one has reached the 17,000 word mark... I'm expecting it to be somewhere between 80 and 100,000. A little blogging won't hurt, but if you are serious about the novel I'd set yourself a little target every week and stick to it.
That's what I'm doing this time. I wouldn't worry too much about quality, that can come when you've finished. Just get those words on the paper! This is coming from the world's biggest procrastinator.

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (5:47 pm) : 

Don't worry T, I'm only bluffing ;)

libby - you heard of this?
http://www.nanowrimo.org/
3 years ago, pre-child, I would have leapt on this like a shot. Maybe that would help the procrastination??

 

post a comment