Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

What I'm wearing (or not) these days

Nola talks a lot here about what I’ve been meaning to post a topic about for ages. While I’m not technically much of what you’d call a WAHM, it’s still been a resolution of mine since I’ve lost most of my baby weight never to be seen in public again in tracksuit pants (sweatpants) UNLESS I’m coming from or going to some sort of exercise. I’ve lived enough in those clothes in my pregnancies to ever voluntarily look the same again.

Funnily enough, I’ve always enjoyed wearing those kinds of comfy clothes, whether it be for convenience or, at worse times in my life, as a disguise.
At university, when I was tragically thin, I would wear Adam’s clothes to hide my small size (oh, the irony). Now, when I wear tracksuits, SOMETIMES it’s because I want to disguise myself behind ordinariness. Which isn’t a bad thing in itself, but I’m sure I can do it just as effectively in nice jeans.
So, I’ve turfed all my oversized jumpers (sweaters) and all but one pair of track-pants. And may I say I feel better for it.

I haven’t come to this conclusion alone; for some time I’ve knelt and prayed in thanks at the feet of Trinny and Susannah, my ‘What Not to Wear’ girls. At some point in the future I’ll write more extensively on their fashion philosophies. They make sense to me.

In the meantime, it mightn’t hurt to ask yourself, “Have I sold out my self-esteem for an elastic-banded waistline?” If you don’t like the answer that comes back to you then perhaps it’s time to go shopping?

Comments on "What I'm wearing (or not) these days"

 

post a comment