Powered by Blogger

Monday, January 08, 2007

Here we go with bling again

Keira's best buddy is coming around soon for a play. Since learning this, she has been running around, finding tiara's, necklaces, bracelets, (clip on) earings etc to adorn herself.

This friend is a BOY. I am fairly certain if I'd've said a GIRL was coming, she wouldn't have gone to as much trouble.

I am certain that at this age, this eagerness to please and impress is innocent and harmless. I would cringe a little if she is doing the same thing in twenty years time. Or shouldn't I? What's wrong with looking nice, especially for a friend?

Maybe I've been schlubbing around too long.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Here we go with bling again"

 

Blogger Tracey said ... (3:47 pm) : 

The whole gender genetics thing is so interesting... Sometimes you wonder where they pick stuff up, particularly when you haven't pushed it, or demonstrated it.

We tried to steer Caitlin into a black and red bike when she was 2.. me being pretty anti the stereotyped girlie stuff. But she had to have a pink one!

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (8:38 pm) : 

Yeah, it's interesting huh, what they learn from us, good or bad

BTW - like your new profile picture!

 

post a comment