Powered by Blogger

Friday, February 02, 2007

Attention Mother Bloggers! I need your help!

Do you blog? Are you a mother?

If you can answer 'yes' to both of those questions, then I want you (well, your help).

I don't care what nationality you are, what religion, age, star sign, or technorati ranking-- everybody's opinion matters.

I am currently undertaking some research for this paper I am about to write. I would love some feedback as to why women blog so have compiled a list of interview questions that I would love to throw out into the web ether and see what you all have to say about yourselves and your writing.

I only have a finite period of time in which to conduct this research, so will need to put an RSVP to expressions of interest to March 16th 2007. That should (hopefully) be ample time to 'spread the word'.

In addition to asking around, I will be approaching some bloggers who I personally believe are excelling at their 'craft'. If I approach you, yes, I suppose I'm being the sycophant here. If I don't approach you, don't worry, I still want to hear your story.

Once you say "yes, I'll be happy to answer your interview questions" then I'll shoot you an email with said material attached and we can go from there.

Depending on how organised I am, I would also like - pending permission, naturally, - to make a feature of about once a week of someone's interview responses here at Miscellaneous Mum. Kind of like a "Special Guest Star" for the day.

So, what are you waiting for?!

I'll thank in advance everyone who does choose to participate. I really appreciate it. *blows kisses*

Questions are welcome. Post here so I can let everyone else know too, in case I haven't been clear.

Comments on "Attention Mother Bloggers! I need your help!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:24 am) : 

For me, it started as a way to keep a journal of my daily life. Now, it's more about maintaining the great friendships that I've encountered along the way.

Thank you for sharing this with the Carnival of Family Life.

 

Blogger jeanie said ... (10:14 am) : 

Why do I blog?

I used to get up on stage and entertain total strangers and invited friends.

I have moved to a new locale, and I suppose this is my stage, which is more friendly to babysitting needs?

Whether in poetry or prose or blogging, I think I write firstly to make my friends and complete strangers smile, secondly to sort of make sense of the world and finally to brag about my daughter (which also fits into category 1 and 2)

 

Blogger Tracey said ... (12:03 pm) : 

Yep, send me the interview questions. Of course! You knew I would!

Why did I start blogging? The journal thing primarily.. after realising that I enjoyed reading about 'the everyday stuff' by other normal, everyday people. And feeling that I had a vague ability to write, so I've been hoping to practise and hone my writing. (Still have a long way to go.)

And then I like the 'connection' the internet provides - a way of "meeting" people from anywhere in the (English speaking) world who I can relate to in some way. Particularly other mothers. Maybe there is that chance of connection because we are all the sort of mums/women/people who are prepared to express our ups and downs for others to read. (Somehow I don't find that many other mums around here who are prepared to 'share' the same daily 'trivialities'.)

 

Blogger strauss said ... (2:46 am) : 

I started blogging, because we moved a million miles away from family and friends and wanted a forum that enabled family to read about our adventures and know we were ok, and also to share photos of the kids growing up. I have a private blog for that. I recently started a public blog so I could practice my writing really. It is nice to get the feedback from others and generate writign ideas from other blog topics.
I also have a poetry blog, which I have so my poetry doesn't get lost if I happen to lose the memory on my computer or my notebooks where the poems are scribbled here and there.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:17 pm) : 

My blog is about natural family life and living in connection with the earth. I started the blog to chronicle my journey since I did not inherit these values or thought processes...they are something that I came to believe in over a period of time. I continue to blog because I have run across so many other moms who are on the same journey and I like to share with them and get feedback from them. I get emails from lots of moms telling me they love my blog...it validates what I do.

 

Blogger Holly Schwendiman said ... (12:22 pm) : 

I blogged some of this last week: Ever Feel Small? but it didn't really come across the way I intended. It does however explain more about how I started to blog. Ultimately, blogging for me was a way to pull all my stuff into one place and get in some personal history and journaling in at the same time. The ultimate surprise has been the unexpected success that came from ratings, readers and some really, really cool friendships. ;o)

Hugs,
Holly
Holly's Corner

 

Blogger shishyboo said ... (1:51 pm) : 

count me in for your questionaire if you'll have me.

i recently blogged about why blog? so you're welcome to have a read

http://heythisismelikeitorlumpit.blogspot.com/2007/01/welcome-to-blog-world.html

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:11 pm) : 

Go ahead and send me the questions. Good luck. It's certainly an interesting topic.

 

Blogger Nicole said ... (1:01 am) : 

I would love to answer your questions as a Mommy blogger.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:20 am) : 

I'll throw my hat in the ring too. :) Just give me a few days to get back to you!

Wendy

 

Blogger Ponn Sabra said ... (4:09 am) : 

I'd love to answer questions!

My first blog was connect with women entrepreneurs, share my online journey and build a platform for my Women's Empowerment messages, articles, book and services...it helped greatly to "brand me online".

I have other blogs that serve for other purposes: local wahm blog, a girls blog, book publicity on a shoestring budget.

 

Blogger Jordan McCollum said ... (5:25 am) : 

I keep telling myself that mostly I blog to keep the grandparents updated on my little boy. Most of the time, though, it's my take on life and things. I blog to get things off my chest, to journal and record our lives and to keep the grandparents up to date (they live a few thousand miles away).

I also happen to blog for work, but that started like 5 months after I started my personal blog.

Feel free to shoot me an e-mail!

Jordan, via the Carnival of Family Life

 

Blogger Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said ... (8:25 am) : 

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have! Sounds like it'll make for an interesting paper!

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (8:59 am) : 

OK - mini crisis

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN EASILY DISTINGUISHABLE EMAIL ADDRESS ON YOUR BLOG, OR A CONTACT PAGE I MAY NOT CONTACT YOU BECAUSE I CANNOT FIND OUT HOW TO DO SO PRIVATELY.

Don't get me wrong - I'd like to talk to each and every one of you. I realise spamming may be an issue; hence you keep it private. But it's frustrating not to be able to find a quick way to talk to you

Cheers, thanks

 

post a comment