Powered by Blogger

Friday, February 09, 2007

Humblest Apologies

I can't follow up yesterday's post very well.

I am sitting here after a horror night with Riley (will those molars just crack already?) and my eyes are blurred. I have thrown a dressing gown on and am unsure when I'll muster up the strength to take it off again, because that means I need to find clothes.

I can hear Keira playing with her electric toothbrush and I'm letting her because it's giving me a moment of peace.

Otherwise, I'm sitting here pretty much with the vocabularly of an Ewok running through my head, "grub grub grub grub. Yuk yuk JUB JUB!"*

Yep, I'm that tired.

*My throat is feeling about as gravely as their collective voices too, so it's not an exaggerated comparison.

Comments on "Humblest Apologies"

 

Blogger jeanie said ... (10:59 am) : 

I used to get that old 70s song stuck in my head at times like that..

"Some days are diamonds, some days are stone"

The best bit is that you gave your diamond yesterday a lovely setting with your post.

So today, I say just sit back and rest on your laurels - you are a good but tired mum. And even the roughest stones can have beauty if held in the right light.

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (12:55 pm) : 

thanks jeanie :)

 

Blogger D. Paul said ... (2:20 pm) : 

It sounds like you had a very rough morning, but kudos on not only remembering the Ewok vocabulary, but re-creating it very accurately. I spent a good five minutes giggling, as I heard it over and over again in my head. Hope the rest of the day was better for you.

 

Blogger Tracey said ... (7:22 pm) : 

Of course there's also that song "Nobody told me there'd be days like this..." (that's how it goes isn't it?)

Nobody does tell you, do they?

Hope tomorrow is better - if not just for the fact that the Daddy can help.

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (8:22 pm) : 

Ah yes the weekend - where Adam was supposed to be painting the house, but the forecast has been revised to say RAIN.

YAY!

d.paul - I think the less said about the day, the better. But I got through it. :) :)

 

post a comment