Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Finding Faith



These are my grandfather's hands; lifelong farmer.

If only more people's hands weren't more like his--strong, gentle, and kind.

The world might be a different place.

RIP - Virginia Tech victims.

I am still saddened.

Comments on "Finding Faith"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:35 am) : 

Hands tell a lot about a person. Thanks for sharing your memories of your grandfather.
Shelly

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:59 am) : 

90% of the world is a scry place.

You have to make the most of the other 10%.

 

Blogger Patois42 said ... (9:04 am) : 

I'm with This Eclectic Life: you can tell a lot by a person's hands.

I, too, am struck mightily by what has happened at Virginia Tech. I don't want to have to keep explaining these things to my kids.

 

Blogger Kayla said ... (10:16 am) : 

Very sad! I've been in tears on and off since yesterday!

 

Blogger Donna. W said ... (11:30 am) : 

Sad indeed. And to know it could be MY children or grandchildren shot down senselessly scares me.

 

Blogger Linda said ... (11:34 am) : 

I, too, wish that more people had hands like your grandfather's for the world would indeed be a very different place then.

Go in peace.

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (12:14 pm) : 

Great picture, and a very powerful message. You are so correct. The world is getting crazier and crazier. I fear it will not get better.

 

Blogger Joyful Days said ... (12:17 pm) : 

Well done, well said, beautiful photo.

~Peace & Blessings~

 

Blogger Girlie said ... (12:42 pm) : 

That's a beautiful picture. What is Virginia Tech victim? If you don't mind my asking.

 

Blogger kuanyin333 said ... (1:47 pm) : 

Beautiful photo and to the point touching story! Happy WW!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:26 pm) : 

Beautiful picture, gentle hands indeed.

 

Blogger Celeste said ... (3:01 pm) : 

What beautiful hands

 

Blogger maiylah said ... (3:43 pm) : 

hands that don't mind getting dirty as long as the job gets done well ... made me remember my father. :)
so sorry about the Virginia Tech incident, too ... scary!

 

Blogger An Ordinary Mom said ... (4:03 pm) : 

Wonderful tribute!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:49 pm) : 

Great eye for hands - they're very telling about the man. Great Wordless, here's my Wordless post over at High Strangeness Altoona. If you're feeling saucy click my Alexa link to raise my rating. Patrick

 

Blogger Stephanie Appleton said ... (9:25 pm) : 

A beautiful shot. Thank you for the thoughtful post.

 

Blogger Durward Discussion said ... (11:17 pm) : 

Beautiful hands. They have their own poetry.

 

Blogger Holly Schwendiman said ... (12:12 am) : 

Perfect post and wonderful share!

Hugs,
Holly

 

Blogger The World In The Eyes Of Brothers said ... (12:59 am) : 

What a lovely picture. I agree why can't there be more gentle people in this world. I don't get why people have to be so cruel.

 

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said ... (4:17 am) : 

A fine post that tells so much.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:55 am) : 

I love this!

You made my eyes tear up



Dont forget to check out the Scavenger Hunt at Amy's Random Thoughts starting May 1st.Details to be posted tomorrow.SHould be fun!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:15 pm) : 

I love that picture!

Great message

 

post a comment