Powered by Blogger

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Celebrating the small victories

Yesterday, we went to a neighbouring suburb to play in the park and I took the opportunity to sneak off to an excellent second-hand bookshop nearby. It was my lucky day, because I hit the jackpot: The Madwoman in the Attic for $15, as new condition and a Helen Garner novel. Plus D H Lawrence's A Propos of Lady Chatterley's Lover.

I was still buzzing from this when something even more astounding happened.

Riley actually drank milk* from his sippy cup at lunch. For the first time.

This is a step forward for the whole weaning process. So I decided to skip his lunchtime feed. This resulted in a tantrum-and-tears of Mariah Carey proportions, which details I am too tired to go into here, but I emerged battle weary, hopeful.

*skim milk. So sue me. It was the only milk Keira opted for, and if its the case here, so be it. I know you're 'supposed' to give full fat milk until they're two, I know, I know. Don't email me.

Comments on "Celebrating the small victories"

 

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said ... (8:43 pm) : 

Lady Chatterley? That's a little risque!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:57 pm) : 

Yay for Riley!That's the lad.

 

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said ... (8:53 pm) : 

Just to let you know you're on my bloglist!

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (9:29 pm) : 

Hey, cool! Thanks!

 

Blogger domestika said ... (1:44 am) : 

Madwoman in the Attic? Cool! I hadn't thought about that book in years - assuming you mean the big fat one that was "recommended reading" in Women's Lit back in my college days? I forget the editor's name... must go rummage, see where that book has decided to hide... (Uh, I do know exactly where my DH Lawrence paperbacks are!) Thanks for the memory nudge, MiscMum.

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (1:30 pm) : 

Yes, that's the one. Wikipedia says it's theories are "dated" now, but I still find the chapters interesting...

 

post a comment