Powered by Blogger

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Some quick, yet not insignificant, points

  • I've just logged on (well, an hour ago - it takes me that long to read all my blogs and bloggging paraphernalia) to see I've been StumbleUpon-ed again to the article I referred to yesterday. I don't know which person(s) did this, but again, thanks!
  • I'll only be around here briefly this weekend as I've set myself the goal of editing the family history manuscript, and I printed it out yesterday and it's going to be more work that I first thought!
  • Most Important: I've neglected to tell anyone this, but for the past eight nights or so, we've had almost complete, total, blissful sleep. We've solved Riley's sleep issues! This entailed us having to hire a 'sleep consultant' who came into our home for a night. I can't/won't go into too much detail here, because I'm to write about it for a magazine, but since then I can't help but regard my son as having graduated from being a 'baby' to a full-blown 'toddler'. It's both touching and emotionally annihilating. My kids are ready to 'move on', but am I?

Comments on "Some quick, yet not insignificant, points"

 

Blogger Jordan McCollum said ... (9:51 am) : 

If you use the StumbleUpon toolbar, you can see who recommended your page, as well as people who gave it a thumbs up and any comments on it. Here's your page on SU.

SU traffic comes in a cyclical pattern, I've found. My most popular SU page will get a couple hundred views in one day, then only a few (10-20) every day for a couple weeks, then another peak.

 

Blogger Daisy said ... (10:56 am) : 

Sleep disorders? I hear you. My son is now 15 years old, but I will never forget the sleep terrors that began when he was age 15 months. They ended after about three months of sheer exhaustion (ours)as suddenly as they'd begun.

 

Blogger Maddy said ... (10:57 am) : 

Oh please! What a nerve! How long are you going to keep us hanging? My eye-lids will be down to my knees at this rate.
Cheers

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (11:38 am) : 

Jordan - Thanks! That's really interesting. I should brush up my skills more

Daisy - Oh, yuk. Keira's only had one night terror and that was enough! I cna't imagine regular ones

mcewan - Oops, sorry. You mean hanging about the sleep stuff? I will come back to it later, promise.

I must go now and get back to my work!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:05 pm) : 

Woo Hoo! That's such a great feeling to know you can sleep through the night now! Congrats!

Kailani
An Island Life

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:43 pm) : 

Kuddos on the family history manuscript!! My goal for the summer is to finish DVDs of our family movies from Fall 2004-Spring 2005.
Our spring vacation, and this past school year. And I haven't even started on the scrapbooks.
Glad you got a good night's sleep.

 

Blogger strauss said ... (1:51 pm) : 

Woohoo regarding the sleep thing. I have a sleeping disorder and when that isn't a factor I have a night wandering child and a husband who is nocterally deaf.
Thanks for the heads up on stumbled upon. i have never heard of it and I am now enjoying wasting mroe time in surfing al these fabulous sites that I "stumble upon".
I think I shall give you the thumbs up ;)

 

post a comment