Powered by Blogger

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Thirteen books (out of thirty-odd) that we borrowed this week from the library

1) Awaken the Giant Within, Anthony Robbins- Just to see what the fuss is about. Haven't started it.

2)Self-publishing made simple, Euan Mitchell- For the family history which is about to go to print! So very exciting!

3) How to start and produce a magazine -For curiosity's sake.

4) True Stories: selected notes, Helen Garner -Because I adore this woman.

5) Cool Stuff: 100 great projects -Winter is coming....just getting prepared for lots of indoors time. Bugger it.

6) The castle in the Forest, Norman Mailer -Mailer does Hitler. Could you get any more intriguing?!

7) Ainsley Harriott's friends and family cookbook -To get ideas; but I discovered I'd already borrowed it before.

8) Happy Easter, Maisy! -Who'd've thought it - a Maisy book we hadn't read before!

9) Clive James: Reliable Essays, the best of Clive James - I want this man's brain.

10) When Frank was Four, Alison Lester - One of Keira's all-time favourites.

11) Spot goes to the circus, Eric Hill - Who doesn't love Spot?

12) How to be Interesting, Edward de Bono - Alas, the book doesn't live up to it's premise.

13) Party Cakes for all occasions - Because Keira is still in party mode....

14) Every day a new beginning, Stephanie Dowrick - Riley grabbed it. He must like her as I do. That's spooky.

How many have you read?

Comments on "Thirteen books (out of thirty-odd) that we borrowed this week from the library"

 

Blogger impwork said ... (8:59 am) : 

I can't remember reading any of those but may have looked at #2 and #3. I've been glad to see Clive James reapearing of late as a commentator on culture having freed himself of the executives who would insist on interviews based on celebrity instead of genuine interesting people.

 

Blogger Tink said ... (9:21 am) : 

I haven't read any of them, but some look interesting enough to check out!
My TT lists the 13 goals of a witch, with my thoughts on them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:26 am) : 

What a fun list! Mine is about writers, so we're sort of related today. ;)

 

Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried said ... (10:31 am) : 

I haven't read any of them, I'm embarrassed to admit, but if you need anyone to talk to about self-publishing, drop me a line. I've been watching the industry evolve and have been learning about it.

Happy TT!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:51 am) : 

Visiting the library used to be my favourite thing to do each week when I was a child.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:31 pm) : 

I haven't read any of them, but they all sound very interesting!

Love libraries!

Happy TT

 

Blogger Scribbit said ... (1:50 pm) : 

Will you hate me if I confess to disliking Spot? Not a fan :)

GIve me Green Eggs and Ham anyday.

 

Blogger L^2 said ... (1:57 pm) : 

Oh, Spot, one of my favorites as a kid. I don't think I've read any of the others though.

 

Blogger Di said ... (9:20 pm) : 

When my kids were little we would take mountains of books from the library. I can tell you from personal experience that the Wake County (North Carolina) Library does set a limit at 50 books at a time!

When I would return some late, they would look very concerned and say, "I'm sorry, but we have to charge you a late fee of 90 cents." I paid with glee...what a bargain compared to buying books!

 

Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried said ... (9:45 pm) : 

Just popped back to say that jarred mushrooms are GROSS. Rubbery, and more salty than mushroom-y. Ugh. Just ... gross. Its inclusion in Mitchell and Kerri's kitchen is one of the great mysteries of the world.

 

Blogger meh said ... (10:27 pm) : 

As an avid reader, I am ashamed to say that I haven't heard of any of those! Though, now that i know they exist, I'll be sure to check 'em out! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:57 am) : 

#11 - I agree. Who doesn't love Spot. Spot anything for that matter :o)

 

Blogger Carina said ... (3:08 am) : 

I'm jealous that you got to check out 30 books. Our library system will only let us check out 10 books at a time, and it's in a different town, so it's a pain to go. The bookmobile, however, comes to town every two weeks, and they will let me use my husband's library card as well as my own (even though he's not there). It's all very hush-hush.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:28 am) : 

Oh you sound like us. I home schooled both my boys and we took home truckloads of books from the library every week lol

 

Blogger ELIZABETH said ... (3:34 am) : 

I'll be interested in what you have to say about the new Mailer. I saw it at the library and flipped a few pages and was undecided so passed on it.

I can be persuaded to go back with a decent review.

 

Blogger Barbara said ... (6:41 am) : 

Sounds like some good books and lots of reading. I need to get to reading my many, too.

Check out my TT.

 

Blogger DigiscrapMom said ... (8:52 am) : 

Lots of books to read :) Have fun and enjoy!

Happy weekend :)

 

Blogger Rebecca said ... (8:54 am) : 

That's a lot of reading! Happy TT13!

 

Blogger Heather said ... (12:37 pm) : 

Not a big Spot fan either...I didn't mind the books but once I saw his tv show...ugh...I've read part of Awaken the Giant Within...pretty good what I read...very inspiring...my hubby gets into those types of books and makes his employees read some of them.

 

Blogger Tawnya Shields said ... (12:54 pm) : 

I love books. So many books and so little time. Great T13. :o)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:43 pm) : 

Pancakes -- is the only one!! So, I just put Clive James and When Frank was Four in my library reserve list. Thank you.

 

post a comment