Powered by Blogger

Friday, September 28, 2007

Confession time - 8 random facts

Mcewan tagged me with the 8 random facts meme and as it's been a while since I've done a meme I thought, why not?

The Rules:

I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.

Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.

People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their 8 things) and post these rules.

At the end of your blog, you need to choose people to get tagged and list their names.

Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


Miscellaneous facts about Misc Mum

1) The other morning, I was humming a tune underneath my breath. It was ages before I realised it was the 'Star Spangled Banner'. Don't ask me why; I know it would've been more appropriate to sing my own national anthem, but hey! That's the subconscious for you.

2) The blog posts which come easiest to me are the ones I am often most personally fond of. This one, for example, was written in a single ad break of 'So You Think You Can Dance.' (Yes, Australia is behind in the episodes, something I was unaware of until I googled the show and then found out who won the grand final, thus ruining the surprise....)

3) Actually, while we're on the subject: yes, I think I can dance.

4) I took ballroom dancing classes for about two years.

5) With an elementary dancing knowledge, I can therefore understand what Mary Murphy is talking about on SYTYCD: that is, when she decides to talk at all, in between her hoots and cackles. Does the woman have an 'inside voice'? (A term which I remind my own daughter of when she's shouting).

6) Moving on from my dance talk, I have have a not-so secret fondness for Christian Bale.

7) When I used to swipe sherry out of my parent's liquor cabinet - at a VERY young age, probably still single-digits - I used to pretend I was Vivian Leigh in the scene from Gone With The Wind where Clark Gable is offering her shots of whiskey to get her drunk. (You see how many times I've referred to that movie this week? Completely unintentional, but telling, because it was a seminal cinematic experience of my life.) At the time I thought I was being seriously sophisticated; only in recent years did I discover that the sherry I was quaffing was cheap cooking stuff.

8)What's my favourite song from the past ten years, you ask? This one.







Okay, so I'm supposed to tag some people...who do I want to annoy honour?

Hmm....

Bah! I can't do it. I am a serious meme-a-phobe. I don't like them much personally, and I sure as sugar know they tend to bug some others too. Tell you what, if you want to do it, do it. Yay! All sorted.

Comments on "Confession time - 8 random facts"

 

Blogger delmer said ... (6:59 am) : 

I was on the phone with a vendor one day and humming a little tune while she looked something up for me.

It wasn't until she started the sentence that began, "Are you humming ..." that I realize I was humming the Canadian National Anthem.

(She went on to ask if I were humming the Canadian National Anthem.)

What's sad is that I know about two lines of the song and just a few more lines of the tune.

 

Blogger Julie Pippert said ... (7:52 am) : 

#1 means you hate Americans, doesn't it? ;) (Kidding!)

#5 I don't think she does. Some people are just born with Cheerleader Voice. I think they make good teachers when they grow up.

#8 Is it the slinky?

Julie
Using My Words

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14 am) : 

youtube is banned at my work so I couldn't see the song you cited- which one did you choose?

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (11:25 am) : 

delmer - LOL! Glad to see its not just me!

Julie - No, its not the slinky ;) It's a pretty beloved song by many Australians of my age.

Shelly - Its "My happiness" by Powderfinger

 

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said ... (5:23 am) : 

You are probably a great dancer!

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (6:20 am) : 

ahem, well, not THAT great.... ;) Perhaps I exaggerate..

 

post a comment