Powered by Blogger

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Random Thoughts

It's early here. Too early for a sustained piece of writing. So, here's my post, anecdotal style.


  1. After the tragedy of Anna Nicole Smith's death, and all this kerfuffle over her baby's paternity I was thinking, "Why, she's not that rich". I thought with all these court cases the money would be drying up. Until I remembered, you know, her billionaire former husband. Ah, lightbulb moment. In all seriousness, whenever I think about the whole thing, it makes me sad.
  2. Riley loves watching Barney and friends. He's sitting here now transfixed. He's Mr. TV. He gets cranky if anyone gets in his way if he's watching something.
  3. I finally went to the doctor yesterday. I can't believe I forked over nearly fifty dollars AGAIN to be told what I knew I already had. Labyrinthitis. Goodness, Wikipedia is great. Just reading that link, it talks about the apparent link between Labr. and anxiety. If anyone wants to know what Labyrinthitis (or Vertigo) is like, this is the best I can explain: imagine your head becomes an oversized fish bowl. It is heavy, and all the excess fluid, although you can't feel it, technically kind of sloshes around your inner ear, making you dizzy and nauseous. There is absolutely nothing you can do about this. Your brain shrinks to the size of a goldfish and slowly dies a quiet death, floating to the surface of the bowl, until the whole episode passes and you feel better. This can take days or up to a week. How do I know all this? Because, my blessed father bestowed this condition upon me in his genetic makeup. Thanks, dad (not!). So, I've had attacks since I was 17.

Anyway, that's about all.

Comments on "Random Thoughts"

 

Blogger Scribbit said ... (7:41 am) : 

"Kerfluffle"! What a fabulous word. I'll have to remember that one. Why it doesn't get more air time is beyond me because it's just choice.

 

Blogger Julie Q. said ... (4:15 pm) : 

Oh dear. Labyrinthitis. Another new ailment that I could come down with. I thought my goiter was bad enough.

Seriously, I hope you feel better soon.

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (11:39 am) : 

scribbit - I come up with word doozies (see there's another)

julie q - Thank you :) I'm better today :)

 

post a comment