Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Happy Birthday for this week, little man



Riley's first ever photo. Poor fella came out a bit battered....almost too big for momma!
Edited to add: 3.997kgs born (or 8pd12oz)

Comments on "Happy Birthday for this week, little man"

 

Blogger Rebecca said ... (9:01 am) : 

How Wonderful! (Not that he was almost too big, of course. That's not so wonderful. That's more, "OUCH!")

 

Blogger Donna. W said ... (9:55 am) : 

He doesn't look big to me; he looks TINY! But it's been years since I've see a newborn.

 

Blogger Holly Schwendiman said ... (10:05 am) : 

See, and now I'm sitting here crossing my legs going "OUCH!" and I've never birthed a child! LOL How big is the little guy now?

Hugs,
Holly

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:06 am) : 

Well, I've never birthed either. :)

How old is he?

 

Blogger Claire said ... (10:16 am) : 

No birthing here either, What a cool picture to post!
A lovely WW (plus some nice words)

 

Blogger FelineFrisky said ... (10:38 am) : 

Congratulations to you! What a wonderful, joyous event! D :)

 

Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said ... (11:08 am) : 

Wow! 8.12oz. That's big and I had mine years ago at only 7.8oz.
Mine is up too.

 

Blogger Linda said ... (11:51 am) : 

My biggest was 7 lbs, 15 1/2 ozs which seemed like a lot at the time! My youngest was only 6 lbs, 6 ozs but she was a C-section! Figures!

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful picture!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:13 pm) : 

He was a pretty good size baby. Both of our girls were around 6.7 lbs.~not too bad.

Happy Wednesday.

 

Blogger m said ... (12:41 pm) : 

Wow! Mine was 8.2lbs. You poor thing! Good pic!

 

Blogger Lisa said ... (1:05 pm) : 

That's it. I'm keeping my legs locked together.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:18 pm) : 

Beautiful Baby!

 

Blogger Janet said ... (1:28 pm) : 

Congratulations! He looks normal to me. I used to be an NICU nurse and was at a lot of deliveries. Sorry you had a rough time.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:44 pm) : 

My daughter was 2oz less at birth. Happy Birthday Riley :)

 

Blogger The Minute Man: Colin Chang said ... (2:56 pm) : 

Grats on the newborn!

Guess-It Wednesday is up! Go take a look and guess!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:06 pm) : 

I love newborn pics. Precious and I love the name

 

Blogger An Ordinary Mom said ... (3:54 pm) : 

Happy Birthday Little Man! Seeing newborn pictures is always an amazing thing. Life is a miracle.

 

Blogger Crystal said ... (4:03 pm) : 

what an amazing gift...my little girl came out a little like that too...she just did not want to come out...
Blessings

 

Blogger meh said ... (5:29 pm) : 

Aauw. I cannot wait to experience birth! Happy Bday to him! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:47 pm) : 

Awww, what a sweetie! And almost 9lbs too - he was a big guy!

 

Blogger Wendy Ann Edwina D'Cunha e Pereira said ... (7:09 pm) : 

Oh! wow!!! Here in India we weigh babies in kgs. My eldest, Christiana was 3.3 kgs ( a little over 7 lbs - i think)... and that was difficult . But then I am small myself - just 5: feet so that's just about what I could manage...

 

Blogger Lisa said ... (7:53 pm) : 

Happy birthday Riley. Great photo. Happy WW

 

Blogger TorAa said ... (8:29 pm) : 

This great WW-entry will certainly be a valuable family memory.

 

Blogger Mike Thomas said ... (10:05 pm) : 

Wow. Cute kid...I'm sure. They never look their best 'right after'. Congrats to the parents!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:45 pm) : 

This brought back memories of when my son was born, he looked quite similar, and was about the same weight.

Precious picture.

 

Blogger Cats~Goats~Quotes said ... (12:31 am) : 

Happy Birthday to the little-big guy, who's probably a bigger guy today!!
Happy WW, too! ^..^

 

Blogger Beck said ... (5:14 am) : 

Ouch. My big boy weighed 9 pounds, 11 ounces, so you know that I'm really sympathizing. Big babies hurt!

 

Blogger Cat said ... (7:42 am) : 

I had enough issues with my 5lb bag of sugar!! I don't know what I would do with 8lbs!

Newborn babies are the best! :)

 

post a comment