Powered by Blogger

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Random Thoughts....on Hi-5

It isn't any secret to those of us in Australia - who read the tabloids - that Kellie and Nathan are engaged to be married. At Christmas-time when their "exclusive" interview was published, I read it eagerly, to find out any juicy gossip. Not that there was much, but they did admit they've been together pretty much since Hi-5 began.

Naturally, since then, when I'm forced to watch watching avidly, I pay especial attention to those two off-camera love-birds, and I have noticed something: they are rarely in the same scene, and when they are, they don't have much to do with each other. It's as if the producers are worried about their sexual chemistry rubbing off on to the psyches of innocent children. Would there be any other reason? Kellie is mostly seen with Tim and Nathan is mostly seen with Kathleen, and, well, the less said about that gadfly Charli the better*.

I feel like starting a chant "Let Kellie and Nathan be free to express their love!!!"

I wonder also if they're frustrated? Do they feel like Romeo and Juliet, doomed for separation by forces more powerful than themselves? Perhaps they're relieved: I mean, how many times can you goof off professionally before your loved one before you start to worry if you're making a bad impression?

Hang on......goofing off professionally? That's what I DO everyday.



Good luck to 'em.



*I am jealous because she's everybody's favourite.

Comments on "Random Thoughts....on Hi-5"

 

Blogger shishyboo said ... (11:04 am) : 

I've noticed it too and it's a relief to know I'm not the only grownup watching Hi-5 and making these connections.
Oh and here's proof that mummy's brains have turned to moosh, I'm starting to laugh at Nathan's jokes. Heaven help me

 

Blogger shishyboo said ... (1:08 pm) : 

this proves what a geek i am...

watching the Hi-5 dvd Have some fun right now with my daughter and there is a skit where NAthan and Kellie are together, he plays Nathan McNathan and she, Bridie his bonnie highland cow.

They have a good chemistry for comedy together

oh dear I REALLY AM A GEEK

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (6:28 pm) : 

LOL- you make me laugh. We haven't got that Have Some Fun one (pretty much the only one we haven't got). I'd like to see it now.

p.s you're not a geek!

 

post a comment