Powered by Blogger

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Life's little amusements

The ROFL Awards are something I've been vaguely aware of for a little while...'vaguely aware' meaning, of course, I've been lusting after one of those little buttons more than Lindsay Lohan does after a cheeseburger (she doesn't? She should).

Anyway, I read the post of this month's recipient and I found it so apt; so true.

True enough to want to add my little photo to the mix. Well, kind of.


I apologise for the quality of the photo. I hope you can see the stain.This is only a section of it.

This isn't breast milk. No, it's blood splatter. Six year old blood splatter, to be exact. One of my bodily amusements is to occasionally manifest a projectile nosebleed. It's about as fun as it sounds, and at these times I end up walking around like an extra from the Saw movies. This one went all over the wall and I stared at it and thought, "How long can I go without cleaning this wall?"

Six years and counting.

I think a little part of me - the prima donna - wants someone to notice it and then I can say all innocently: "Oh, that, yes, wow, that was an accident and a half! Cut my finger and almost severed the artery! Look at the blood trajectory! CSI would love a look at it!"

Oh, yes, I'm a great little housewife.

Comments on "Life's little amusements"

 

Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said ... (9:11 am) : 

Eeewww! Blood! Gross!

:)

I would have left it there, too. I don't think either of us will be winning any cleaning awards.

 

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said ... (8:12 pm) : 

Send for Catherine Willows!

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (8:11 am) : 

Hey guys :) Thanks for the back-up Mirs Chicky

Jean-Luc, you're one of my new fav bloggers :)

 

Blogger Mad said ... (4:24 am) : 

Great pic. Great post. Did you see Not So Sage's home birth blood splatter on her curtains? Yep, there really is something to getting all sentimental over our bodily fluids.

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (1:01 pm) : 

Wow ! You've got me hooked. I must look it up!

 

post a comment