Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Testing Times

Now life has begun to return to normal and I've had a chance to slow down, I've noticed that my body is not...behaving as it should.

These past two days, I've felt like dry retching in the afternoons, evenings and any which time I've eaten.

Sounds familiar?

Yep - I'm about to type a sentence I never thought I would again. Not for a long time, at least:

I think I need to go buy a pregnancy test.

"You're overtired" my remaining visitors tell me. "You've over-extended yourself". Which may be true.

I have other cold-like symptoms, like a runny nose and a tickly throat. So that's most likely the problem.

Still, it would be an interesting 'hypothetical' experiment. Gauge just how ready (or not, in this case) I would be to run that race again.

It would be the first time I'd be crossing my fingers for a negative.

Because if it came back positive I wouldn't know what the hell to do or say.

So, wish me speedy recovery so this feeling goes away and I don't have to think about this anymore.

Has anyone been in this kind of predicament before?

Comments on "Testing Times"

 

Blogger OhTheJoys said ... (9:19 am) : 

I hope you are feeling well again soon - either way.

 

Blogger Scribbit said ... (11:13 am) : 

Not with something to say that will help your fears any.

So I'll just keep quiet. :)

 

Blogger Tracey said ... (11:24 am) : 

Haven't you figured out what causes it yet? ;) :p

Seriously, hope for your sake that it isn't that. Yet! And that you feel better quick!

Can't say I've been in that position.. but things pan out differently for different people.

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (11:34 am) : 

Yeah, it would be a near impossibility to be pregnant without a period as yet, wouldn't it?

But remember, the same thing happened with Riley...and he was one of two for a while......

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:30 pm) : 

ya, I have had a scare recently too. It was literally RIGHT after we were picked by a Birthmom.

Would have been interesting to say the least.

Get well soon! :)

Jamie

 

Blogger Tracey said ... (6:10 pm) : 

I don't know about the near impossibility bit!

But? So? Any news?

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (6:32 pm) : 

Too crook to go anywhere today, mate...

 

Blogger Tracey said ... (9:59 pm) : 

oh dear, doesn't sound good, but maybe sounds 'good' in that it sounds like a lurgy rather than pregnancy... Get better soon, poor chook!

 

Blogger Meggie Mom Fantastic said ... (11:01 pm) : 

Oh yeah, about every 9-10 months, and half of the time I actually am pregnant. FWIW I always, always, always get cold symptoms when first pregger. I know the feeling of hoping for a neg but seeing a positive and not knowing what the hell I am feeling...happy but not, ya know. I get it. Good luck!

 

Blogger Mercy's Maid said ... (12:41 am) : 

Sorry for being off-topic, but what happened to the Dear Me Project? The link isn't working.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:25 am) : 

yes. I've been there before, although I do find when I read the negative mark, I do tend to feel disappointed regardless.

Get thee an IUD (am loving mine;-))

 

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said ... (3:50 am) : 

I think many women have been in that predicament!

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (6:39 pm) : 

Thanks all for your comments :)

Gingajoy - I don't mean to imply we don't use birth vontrol. We do! Assiduously!

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (6:45 pm) : 

Vontrol!!!!!!

Is that like birth control, but extra super-duper strength?

I'm so silllllyyy..

 

post a comment