Powered by Blogger

Friday, June 01, 2007

My May Perfect Post Awardee

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife." Jane Austen

"It is a truth universally unacknowledged, that a humble blogger of certain talents must be in want of an award" Karen Andrews*




They say when it comes to blogging success, one of the prerequisites is to "spread linky love". Now *ahem* I am the first to admit, I am not the best at this. It's not that I don't read the blogs. I do. I just don't have the time to devote to then go back and extrapolate the reasons why I love the ones I do. Call me lazy. Call me "tough-love-mum".

Then I decided, heck, once a month I could do something for my fellow man (or woman). I can nominate someone for a perfect post award. THAT I can do.

So this month I am.

Bub and Pie wrote earlier this month about audience.

It is a timely subject, as I think about my audience all the time (as you may tell above in my opening comments). She just writes so eloquently. She will make you think. Now, you may not want to think as you're reading, but dammit she connects. She talks to the intellect in all of us; the latent intellect which may have checked out of our brains and is resting comfortably on a Tahitian island, Pina Colada in hand, and is refusing to answer its mobile phone.

She makes the call it cannot refuse, and so it skulks back, tanned, but guilty for hiding on the first place.

For other perfect post nominees, please go to Lindsay and MommaK so that people can see the other Perfect Post awardees if they'd like.


*Feel free to quote me. All the cool kids are doing it. My kids are. Well, they are talking back at me when I give them a command. That counts, doesn't it? Please tell me it counts.


************************************************

It's Adam's and my 10 year anniversary. Last night I turned to Adam in bed at about 10pm and said, "This time 10 years ago you were buying me my first drink" (a Jack Daniels and diet coke, if anyone's interested!). Last night I also had THE best idea, evah. Stay tuned!

Comments on "My May Perfect Post Awardee"

 

Blogger Dawn said ... (11:10 am) : 

Just took a detour over to Bub and Pie and what an excellent post it was. Thanks for pointing it out.

(She hits the Add to my Favourites button but with a certain tiredness as if she's been down this road before. So many favourites, so little time!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:28 pm) : 

Happy Anniversary. There must be something about the onset of winter that is good for initiating relationships as it was my anniversary with my boy 3 days ago...how many people I wonder get together in the bleak midwinter?

 

Blogger Maddy said ... (2:12 am) : 

Bub and Pie is already in my bookmarks but I'll go and check out the others.
Cheers

 

post a comment