Powered by Blogger

Monday, July 09, 2007

Dialogue taken from television commercials

Keira: "Are you a folder or a scruncher?"

Me: "A scruncher. What are you?"

Keira: "A scruncher. Dad's a folder."

Any Australian will probably understand to which commerical I am referring. Toilet Paper is the subject, so the question stands: Do you fold the toilet paper when you....you know. Or are you a scruncher?

Comments on "Dialogue taken from television commercials"

 

Blogger Kin said ... (8:40 am) : 

Haha! Hubby loves those cause he abuses me for being both! He is a folder, and Miss Nearly 4 is a folder, but Miss Nearly 3 (also Keira) is a scruncher. Couldn't think where thay got it from.

 

Blogger Maddy said ... (8:43 am) : 

Good grief! Are Australians scatological too? I thought it was just the Brits.
My dad [existing in otherwise all female household] was convinced that we all ate toilet rolls as we managed to get through a tonne of them.
But to answer your question more precisely, I'm a wadder. A wadder usually has a close relationship with a plumber as wadding tends to result in a blocked toilet.
Cheers

 

Blogger Jen at Semantically driven said ... (10:00 am) : 

I'm so a scruncher. Doesn't folding take too long and not provide enough thickness. I was taught not to take heaps off the role, hence am not a wadder.

 

Blogger Dawn said ... (2:44 pm) : 

I'm a scruncher! Husband is a folder - or possibly a wadder. I haven't studied his technique in close detail, you understand!

 

Blogger Bryce said ... (4:48 pm) : 

for anyone who wants to see the commercial: http://youtube.com/watch?v=8gW3p5CA9eg

I'm a folder.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:26 pm) : 

Definitely a folder!

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (8:06 pm) : 

Hmm.. seems like the scrunchers are slightly in front!

bryce - thanks for that. I did toy with the idea of looking it up in youtube but I thought "nah - that won't be there" obviosuly, everything in the world is there now!

 

Blogger Miss Frou Frou said ... (11:03 pm) : 

I'm a folder and can remember having this conversation at a dinner party more than a dozen years ago.. it was hilarious.. particularly when some doofus couldn't work out what we were talking about!

 

Blogger Bea said ... (5:35 am) : 

Folder.

To be truthful, it had never occurred to me until now that scrunching was an option.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:31 am) : 

depends on my mood - or if i'm in a hurry! perhaps scrunching is hereditary? on chromosome 20?

 

Blogger Tracey said ... (9:41 am) : 

I swear I'm both... which tells you something about me... No system to anything I do...

 

post a comment