Powered by Blogger

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Times they are a 'changin....

*Anyone have a weird sense of deja vu? I think I've used that as a post title before. Meh - I'm sure you'll get over it*

As I've said several times over the past week, 'Miscellaneous Mum' is about to undergo a big overhaul. I will be keeping the 'kids drawing on the fence' banner, but I will be removing the quote.

Yes, Oprah-bashers, be relieved.

It's not for the ribbing from the Oprah-bashers that I'm removing it --although they don't help!--but more because I think it's time for a change.

That's where I might need your help. You see, I'd like to make up a fun, sassy quote with the word "Miscellaneous" in it (or a derivative of the term) to go underneath/beside.

You know,

"Bringing news of my miscellany - to yours"

"Miscellanea is often the best kind of information"

etcetc. (They aren't great examples! I'm thinking on the fly here!)

Why that and not something else? Well, I'm not 100% sure that's how it'll be. I have a divine E. L. Doctorow line that's tapping at my imagination like a reflex hammer, and won't desist.

So what's a great sentence you can make up with "Miscellaneous" in it?

Comments on "Times they are a 'changin...."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:40 am) : 

I've renamed and rebranded my blog a few times over the years. I went from "Blogasmic - If you write it, they will come" to "Wine Makes Mummy Clever" to "Sweet Light Crude - it's not about oil" and now to my current incarnation. It's like Spring Cleaning without having to get a vacuum cleaner out.

If you're keeping "Miscellaneous Adventures of an Aussie Mum" then you could add a tag-line like "because Miscellaneous covers everything, from &*^%# to #$^%*" (I'm not swearing, I just can't think of a word!).

Otherwise, I like your own first suggestion about bringing miscellany.

Sorry I can't be of more help. If something comes to be during the day (after I've had my coffee) I'll let you know!

 

Blogger Veronica Foale said ... (9:19 pm) : 

Yay I see your feed is back up and working!

I like what Trish said, mostly because I can't think of anything myself.

 

Blogger Dr Hand said ... (10:38 pm) : 

"From the minuscule to the massive:: it's all miscellanea".

 

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said ... (12:27 am) : 

'A myriad of miscellaneous meanderings'

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:31 am) : 

Hello, found you thru your Problogger comment.

Here's my suggestion for a new tagline:

Making miscellanea cool since 2006

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (7:25 am) : 

Wow - they're all good! Decisions, decisions

Hi to the new readers ! :)

(and to old friends, Dr Hand ;))

 

post a comment