Powered by Blogger

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Adam's Fathers Day Present - Candamir

I mentioned the other week our favourite way of passing the time. I didn't mention our second favourite way - board games. Some people ask for toasters or avocado slicers for wedding presents. Not us! We put 'Scrabble' on our gift registry (which readers M & B gave to us - thanks guys!)

(However I refuse to play with Adam anymore, since he refuses to accept the fact that his winning on all occasions was just dumb luck).

Our board game tastes run to the unconventional. We like the games that no-one's heard of, those you need to scour specialty gaming shops for - and even then you're lucky to find it - and which cost a pretty penny. This baby, for example, was a cool $100.


Was it worth it? I think so. Does he? He'd better!

If anyone's interested, here's the site --> actually this has saved in German. Don't ask me why. If you can read German, go for it!

Comments on "Adam's Fathers Day Present - Candamir"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:19 am) : 

Not a trivial pursuit then?
Cheers

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (11:11 am) : 

Oh, we have had that one for ages :) I think I got that for my 19th or 20th birthday from Adam dearest :)

 

Blogger Scribbit said ... (1:35 pm) : 

Now I'm wondering more about that game. My brother and sister in law play Settlers of Catan until it causes fights. Is this the same line?

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (2:12 pm) : 

Oh happy day! Someone who knows of Settlers of Catan! Yes, same people, spin off idea :)

 

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said ... (2:34 am) : 

Adam looks like he knows all the good triple word scores!

Glad to have you on Facebook!

 

Blogger Bea said ... (9:12 pm) : 

We LOVE Settlers of Catan. (But I hate the two-player card game, even though it's OBVIOUS that hubby wins every time only through dumb luck.)

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (6:42 am) : 

Is that the same game i have that you hate then B&P? If not, which one so I can avoid it :)

 

post a comment