Powered by Blogger

Monday, October 01, 2007

Desperate to find some mental and physical equilibrium

You awaken; your eyes snap open and you roll them around, and they oblige. Your brain isn't, yet, complaining to obey commands. You focus on the opposite wall in the pale dawn and you think to yourself, "Hey, I feel okay."



You then sit up and the world reels. You're a test pilot in a flying simulation that's gone horribly wrong; the axis spins and you fall back down on the pillows; all hope from seconds past, gone.



Replaced by a sudden tiredness, even though you've been in bed for the past 10 hours.



Then you hear one of the kids stir, and you have to get up to them, and you're sorry that it's still another 12 hours or so until you can collapse in bed again.



It feels like pregnancy. It feels like CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome). Both of which I've had and am praying I don't have now.



It's just a virus. But it sucks.

Comments on "Desperate to find some mental and physical equilibrium"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:32 am) : 

Hello ~

I had CFS and received a Google Alert about ME (myalgic encephalomyelitis). I looked into it and treated my condition as a hypothalamus disorder. I am now well and have been well for a year now! It's awesome to be well.

Look up the hypothalamus on http://www.Wikipedia.org and see if the info resonates with your symptoms.

good luck to you.
~ esp

 

Blogger Veronica Foale said ... (10:26 am) : 

Oh dear, I am sorry you are feeling that sick.

I have had CFS for nearly 6 years and it is awful!

Hope you get better fast.

(((hugs)))

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (8:05 pm) : 

anon - I looked it up and couldn't understand a word. It was so confusing! I'm interested in hearing about your experience though.

V - really? Oh, thats tough. That's much longer than I had it (about 6 or so months)

 

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said ... (4:26 am) : 

Dorry to hear you're so low. It's hard to get to the computer to do anything when like that.

 

Blogger Veronica Foale said ... (8:03 pm) : 

You are so very lucky that it went away in 6mths.

I have finally found a doctor willing to take me seriously so wish me luck in getting some help :)

 

post a comment