Powered by Blogger

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Quip of the week

"Mum, what are you eating?"

Mum has walked by, forgetting to hide the sheet of fresh filo pastry she's swiped from the fridge and stuffing in her mouth. Filo pastry, you ask?!?! Hey, don't judge me.

"Uh - I'm eating pastry."

Keira gives me a look.

"I know, I know we have to go shopping. Here, give it a try."

I break off a piece of the frail veil that's not yet globbed by saliva. Keira puts it in her mouth.

She swallows, albeit reluctantly. "Yuk. Toilet Paper."

Well said, dearest.

Comments on "Quip of the week"

 

Blogger Kimberly Vanderhorst said ... (8:49 am) : 

You are so...weird.

I knew there was a reason I like you.

 

Blogger Scribbit said ... (12:17 pm) : 

Yes but when that toilet paper is wrapped around garlic, spinach and feta it turns into little pillows of perfection. Evidently Keira's tastes are fairly refined :)

 

Blogger The Tour Marm said ... (8:12 pm) : 

Just thought I would drop by to say, "Hi", sorry no prezzies.

Filo is a platform for either spinach and cheese or something sweet.

Ah! I miss pavolva!

Cheers!

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (8:10 am) : 

I bought the filo to make a Spanakopita (Greek Spinach Pie) for last week's mothers dinner and it turned out really well.

I just have to think of something else to make with it before it goes all gross. Scribbit, you're more than welcome here to come cook ;)

 

Blogger strauss said ... (11:13 am) : 

I tried to leave a comment earlier, but couldn't for whatever reason - your daughters quip was so funny, and creative... then I wondered how she knew what toilet paper tasted like...;)

 

post a comment