Powered by Blogger

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Thirteen Things Happening in Our Household This Week

1) Fat feet - I've gone to get Riley's feet measured now he's walking and it is as I suspected. He has fat feet, which explains why none of his 'regular' shoes fit. $50 later and he has a pair that fits at least. And a hole in mum's pocket.

2) Dressing challenges - Keira has decided she no longer likes jeans. Only DRESSES and SKIRTS that have to be PINK.

3) Finished Po Bronson's Why Do I Love These People? Good, although it sags a bit at the end. I will watch out for his other books though.

4) Gave up on Anne Tyler's Back When We Were Grownups. Sorry, you didn't suck me in this time, Anne. Although you are fabulous.

5) Re-Borrowed Stephanie Dowricks' Choosing Happiness . I really get a lot out of it, even if it's 'self-help'. Maybe because that's why!

6) I'm reading lots of online reviews of The Time Traveller's Wife, which came out almost two years ago (given to me by a friend). I really enjoyed it, for the record.

7) What do you get at 30 year old for his b'day? Especially when he's your husband??

8) Eating - Riley has again decided he will eat this week. Hurrah!

9) Rain! - It rained finally last night!

10) Saving Babies - A new show on TV, about (mostly) premature and sick babies in a Sydney Hospital. Weepy stuff. Except it scares Keira, so I'm not allowed to watch it

11) The Biggest Loser - I love big, bulky, hulky Damian. Go Damian!

12) It's a long weekend in this state this weekend, so I'm looking forward to that...if only too..

13)...maybe give control crying a go again. But Riley has been slightly better this week anyhow, so we'll see....


Comments on "Thirteen Things Happening in Our Household This Week"

 

Blogger Kimberly Vanderhorst said ... (10:23 am) : 

Wow...lots happening, eh?

My mum gave me The Time Traveller's Wife for a birthday present. She saw it at Costco and thought it might be good. I have to confess that I loved it. I'm religious and a bit of a prude, but I still loved it. I feel like I shouldn't have a book in the house that has...well...that sort of thing happening in it so much, but I keep re-reading it. ~sigh~

 

Blogger Scribbit said ... (10:40 am) : 

I've heard so much about that book, I'll have to peak at it next time we do a Barnes and Noble night.

 

Blogger Claire said ... (11:36 am) : 

Might have to give The time travellers wife a go.
Rain, its not stopped here, you can have it!
$50 for pair of kids shoes, ouch!

 

Blogger Mercy's Maid said ... (12:01 pm) : 

I have not heard a single bad thing about The Time Traveler's Wife. I'm on a waiting list to read it at bookcrossing.com.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:49 pm) : 

I went through a phase where I wouldn't wear jeans either. I'm so glad that I outgrew it :)

 

Blogger Raggedy said ... (1:07 pm) : 

Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

 

Blogger Janet said ... (1:13 pm) : 

I love listening to the rain :-)

 

Blogger Crazy Working Mom said ... (3:17 pm) : 

My son also has "fat feet". What a pain.

Great list! :)
Happy Thursday.

 

Blogger alisonwonderland said ... (4:04 pm) : 

great list! i just got The Time Traveler's Wife from the library. Back When We Were Grown-Ups was one of my favorites - but then i think i've liked every one of Anne Tyler's novels. happy thursday - and enjoy the three day weekend!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:33 pm) : 

The dressing challenge sound extremely interesting :-)

Happy Thursday!

 

Blogger meh said ... (6:57 pm) : 

Hope you enjoy the long weekend! It's always cool to have one! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 pm) : 

My son has very wide feet, so I hear you. I seem to be constantly replacing his shoes. He grows out of them horizontally. I have to go to the next size even though he's got inches to spare in the toe.

Will have to check out the Time Traveler's Wife. Thanks for all the recommendations.

Happy TT Day. My #9 is up.

 

Blogger Sparky Duck said ... (1:56 am) : 

heh, fat feet.

I have heard alot of buzz on the Time Travellers wife, gonna have to check it out.

for a B'day, Ipod stuff

 

Blogger Robyn Mills said ... (4:30 am) : 

I enjoyed the Time Traveller's Wife too. Just got word from a friend her grandee twins were born at 22 weeks and 5 days sadly Jake passed away, Luke who can fit in the curled up palm is fighting hard... I don't think I could watch a program on it at the moment.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:32 am) : 

You could get your hubby some gag gifts. I got my husband a crying towel, black balloons and other gag gifts when he turned 30.

 

Blogger Karianne said ... (11:27 am) : 

Found you thru Alison, and I'm so glad that I did. I can't imagine watching your preemie baby show, those scare me too. I used to watch before I even thought about having kids. But they are a no go since I got pregnant.

When Chris turned 30, I took him to dinner. It sucks because he's not really a birthday kind of guy. Oh well.

Come on by to my site if you have some time to waste!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:09 pm) : 

A lot of stuff going on in your household. :) I hope the week ends with all of you having a huge smile on your faces.

Happy weekend :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:12 am) : 

Yes, it's really such a coincidence you also mentioned "The Time Traveler's Wife" on your TT list! I guess great minds think alike. Have a great weekend :-)

 

post a comment