Powered by Blogger

Monday, July 09, 2007

Housekeeping Issues

As we're going to be away for several weeks come the end of the month, I've been thinking about how I'm going to keep Miscellaneous Mum rolling in that time.

First up - my Sunday '1001 book challenge' reviews. I've come to the end of my stockpile; a stockpile of titles which I'd put together for a writing gig which fell through a few years ago. Lucky I kept them, eh? Well, now I've resorted to going through old university essays and cutting and pasting relevant bits into reviews-of-sorts. So that will keep me going for a while until I - shock of shocks - pick up a darn book that's on the list under my volition. I kind of am now, as I am slugging my way through Ian McEwan's Saturday (one of life's irritations for me is a book without plot; that focuses purely on character. That's how it's reading to me). So, anyway, I apologise if they suddenly get a bit highbrow.

Second - I'm throwing the door open for post ideas. Any overseas readers want to know anything about Australia? Our way of life? Anything? No question is too stupid, trust me. I'm happy to answer whatever you've got to ask. I'll put that on the posts lineup too.

Third - I will still be on the Internet, but I mightn't be online compulsively checking my emails and stats as much as I'd like.

Okay, thanks, as you were!

Comments on "Housekeeping Issues"

 

Blogger Jen said ... (4:41 am) : 

Oooh! (Raising hand high) I'd like to hear some things about Australia. Frankly, it will likely be years before we ever visit, and my images all involve movies or still images of Nicole Kidman. So spill! Spill on down under!

 

Blogger Maddy said ... (8:24 am) : 

Idea for foreigners.
Over here [USA] I am a foreigner. [UK] when I go back [uk] people make such sweeping generalisations about Americans [we all know them]
I imagine that people also make sweeping generalisations about Autralians. If you could be 'honest' how do they fit with the average [whatever that might be] Australian?
Cheers

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:37 am) : 

i'm not so crazy about the crazy people place comment

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (10:37 am) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (10:51 am) : 

I get that madre. Duly changed.

 

Blogger Dawn said ... (12:15 pm) : 

Hah! Another stat addict!

If you're going to be travelling, post pics that need only a few lines of text to compliment.

Bit harder if you're not travelling. Maybe some little known fact about various Aussie landmarks.

Or you could spend an entire week explaining to me personally how feeds work. I just don't get it!

 

post a comment