Powered by Blogger

Saturday, September 01, 2007

1001 Book Reading Challenge - an update

I haven't posted any reviews lately, have I? Did you think you might've caught a break and I've forgotten about it? Nope. Sorry you non-readers out there (but I suspect most of you are!)

I'm plowing through three at the moment:

1) Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides

2) Fear of Flying by Erica Jong

3) Captain Corelli's Mandolin by Louis de Bernières

Despite their very obvious (if you've read them) differences, there are surprising similarities too. 1 & 3 are both set partially if not wholly in Greece. 1 & 2 have characters visit/live in Germany who are American in origin.

Stay tuned!

The first day of spring is one thing, and the first spring day is another. The difference between them is sometimes as great as a month. ~Henry Van Dyke


Melbourne earlier this week was experiencing beautiful weather. Everyone I talked to outside at the time opened their arms to the sky and said, "Isn't it glorious?" We all suffer during winter. I've spoken about it before, and I'm sure others who live in cold climes feel the same. I put the Van Dyke quote in because, naturally, the weather turned nasty again yesterday, but I'll keep it in mind, looking forward to happy-sunny times again.

Comments on "1001 Book Reading Challenge - an update"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:13 am) : 

Not read the first one, but enjoyed the other two.

As for the weather we're a toasty 95 degrees for the entire long Labour Day weekend.
Cheers

 

Blogger Bea said ... (11:03 am) : 

Captain Corelli's Mandolin is one of the few books that I've started, but been utterly unable to finish. Yawn.

 

post a comment