Powered by Blogger

Thursday, September 06, 2007

TT - five bad, but eight good things that have happened in our house this week

The Bad

  1. I got a rejection letter this week from a publisher regarding one of my manuscripts.

  2. I had to pick up Keira from preschool on Monday because she wouldn't stop crying.

  3. As I suspected, I've put on approx 1.5 kgs since before going away on our road trip

  4. I have been suffering the brain-freeze which is PMT. (At least I hope that's what it is...although my husband mightn't!)

  5. I was almost rear-ended in the supermarket carpark by an old man on Tuesday. Grr!

The Good

  1. I am getting a total blog overhaul and re-design over the next five weeks, done by the talented Leanne. Yes, it looks like I'm finally defecting from blogger.

  2. One of my top ten favourite books of all time, Pillars of the Earth, is finally getting a sequel! World Without End, to be released in Australia in October. I'm thinking Christmas presents, family...

  3. It's Spring! No further explanation!

  4. Touch wood, the kids are pretty healthy at the moment.

  5. There's the possibility of one of the kids saying something like, "Mum, does my Dora watch get email?" (Keira). Good Lord! That really happened!

  6. I'm about to get some quotes done for some backyard re-landscaping. I'll post some photos - you'll see why!

  7. I have to first three seasons of Deadwood here, on my DVD stand, calling me to watch them...

  8. Best of all: I'm pitching my children's book next weekend to an agent in the hopes of achieving representation. Wish me luck!

Comments on "TT - five bad, but eight good things that have happened in our house this week"

 

Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said ... (8:31 am) : 

Good idea for a list. Your #5 on 'The Bad' is just very annoying. On 'The Good', good luck on your #8.
My T13 is up too.

 

Blogger jeanie said ... (8:54 am) : 

Good luck!!!!

 

Blogger Tink said ... (8:59 am) : 

I'm glad there are more godd than bad things! Good luck with your children's book!
My TT shares Thirteen (quotes from) lyrics by Robbie Williams.

 

Blogger K said ... (9:10 am) : 

Good luck with #8! Sounds like you've had a busy week. I'm glad you didn't get rear ended at the supermarket

 

Blogger PJ said ... (9:29 am) : 

Good luck with the children's book. Happy TT.

 

Blogger Jen at Semantically driven said ... (9:52 am) : 

I loved Pillars of the Earth. Thanks for the heads up about the sequel.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:34 am) : 

I'm afraid I could never get into Deadwood, but I am delighted about Pillars having a sequel. It's one of my top faves too.

 

Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried said ... (12:06 pm) : 

Ooh, good luck with the pitch! Maybe it's the reason you got the rejection? Let's hope so!

Have a great week, Karen! And have FUN with the pitch!!!!

 

Blogger L^2 said ... (2:00 pm) : 

#5 (good) - LOL too cute! And good luck with the kids book.

 

Blogger Joyful Days said ... (7:37 pm) : 

Great list!! Best of luck with the writing pitch.

 

Blogger Bloggers said ... (2:58 am) : 

Good Luck with your Children's book!! That just sounds so awesome.

This is so cool that I came to your 13 right now because I just got off of the phone with him and he is a truck driver and is stuck in Dallas , well he was wanting to just come home and give up , and I just told him that you have to take the good with the bad.

 

Blogger Bloggers said ... (2:58 am) : 

My 13 is up on

http://momworksathome.blogspot.com

 

Blogger J. Lynne said ... (4:19 am) : 

Good luck on your children's book! Happy TT!

 

Blogger dawnae said ... (6:02 am) : 

Love your list, my daughter did great the first day of pre school, then balled and threw a tantrum the whole way home because I forgot to bring her blankie! Good luck on your presentation, hope all goes fantastically!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:32 am) : 

Best of luck pitching your children's book! That's so exciting. Happy TT!

 

post a comment