Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Shorts from the mouths of my babes - with the occasional cross-cultural reference

From my babies this month:

Keira: "A goat grows up to be a camel!"


Riley: "Car! Car! Car!"

[What's so funny about it? He says it with the same choked-alto as Michael Palin does in that scene in A Fish Called Wanda, and Kevin Kline's got him tied up to the chair, trying to get the name of the airport hotel out of him, and all he can say is "Car---! Car--! The Car--"

They sound exactly the same.]


Scene: We're waiting in the express line (Ha! Oxymoron of the Year) of the supermarket, and as usual Riley is fussing in the pram, wanting to get out. I ignore him, as do those behind us. All, except Keira, who gets right up in his face and yells, "Hey! What's your problem?"

People behind us giggle, and it sounds so funny, I suppress a smile. Barely. I guess you had to be there...

Comments on "Shorts from the mouths of my babes - with the occasional cross-cultural reference"

 

Blogger Veronica Foale said ... (8:58 am) : 

A goat grows up to be a camel???
I love it!!!

Sometimes I think a regular checkout would be faster. They always seem to stick the slowest girls in Express!

 

Blogger D. Paul said ... (4:03 am) : 

"It's K-K-K-Ken c-c-c-coming to k-k-k-kill me."

I love that movie.

And how funny is that? "Hey! What's your problem?" Priceless.

 

post a comment