Powered by Blogger

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Cross your fingers for me...on several fronts

Yesterday, I was fortunate enough to be afforded the opportunity to pitch my children's picture book manuscript to an agent.

I was seized with nerves - as anyone would be - but perhaps wasn't as frazzled as I could've been weren't it for the fact that on Friday night my son came down with a fever for the first time.

That's right mothers; hate me if you will, but in these first eighteen months of Riley's life he has not once, ever, had a fever (even here.) So yesterday morning it was a miracle I could prize the sorry bugger off my legs, out of my arms, long enough for me to get dressed.

Yes: when at the beginning of the week I was stressing over just what to wear for a video conference, now I was hoping just to get my hair and teeth brushed because my unwell son just couldn't be separated from me for one second! [Queue up the big, fat tears.]

So how did the pitch go? I hope it went well - apart from Skype dropping out on us once!

Now, forgive me, but I hear my son has awoken and he does not sound happy.....

Comments on "Cross your fingers for me...on several fronts"

 

Blogger Veronica Foale said ... (7:50 am) : 

Good luck with everything. I hope Riley improves very very quickly for you.

*cross fingers*

 

Blogger Jen at Semantically driven said ... (10:26 am) : 

Fingers crossed!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:36 pm) : 

Good luck!

I'm curious... how did such an opportunity come about?

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (7:44 pm) : 

thanks all :)

Trish, the opportunity came about through a children's writing conference. I did have to pay for the opportunity, but I consider it an investment (even a possible tax write-off, as its a professional expense) for the future. Fingers crossed....

 

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said ... (2:48 am) : 

Good luck to you, MM

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:45 am) : 

My fingers and toes are crossed that you will find a publisher!

 

Blogger OhTheJoys said ... (10:20 am) : 

Congratulations! How cool! I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

 

Blogger Miscellaneous-Mum said ... (10:56 am) : 

Thanks all.....still waiting for word...

 

post a comment